Part 9

-Benny's POV-

-Benny's POV-

Y/n and I walk up to Smalls house. It was the Fourth of July. We always have night games on the Fourth of July because, well, because we always felt like we were some big leaguers playing in a great big stadium.

I knock on the door. Smalls comes to the door.

"What's going on?" He says.

"Night game, let's go, cmon." Y/n says. We then run into the streets, there are people everywhere. There was firecrackers also. Food was set up on tables. People sitting in chairs eating. The boys were at some of the tables. When they saw Smalls, y/n, and I, they all got up and followed us to the sandlot. Ham followed behind us, stuffing his face with food.

"Hurry up, Ham!" Y/n says laughing. I laugh too. We then run to the sandlot. I get up to home plate. I get in my hitting stance. Everyone else got into their positions.

"DuNunez, pitch me one!" I yelled to Kenny. He nodded. Kenny then pitched the ball and I had hit it over the fence. Everybody watched the ball, but then got distracted by the fireworks. I then dropped the bat and ran all the bases.

-your POV-

"What's going on?" Smalls says.

"Night game, let's go, cmon." I say. Smalls, Benny and I ran down the street, the boys following. I looked behind me to se Ham stuffing his face with food.

"Hurry up, Ham!" I say laughing. Benny laughs too. We then run to the sandlot. I get into my position.

"DeNunez. Pitch me one!" I hear Benny say. I just smile. I smile because every time we had a night game, and we got distracted by the fireworks, Benny was there to pull us back. He always made sure we didn't get distracted by anything. That's what I loved about him. Kenny pitched the ball and Benny hit it over near Squints. My eyes followed the ball, but I got distracted by the fireworks. Wow. I thought to myself. I heard the bat drop. I then saw a figure run past me. I looked at Benny and smiled. He winked and I blushed. I then turn my focus back to the fireworks. Benny must have gotten to home plate by now because I felt a figure behind me. I felt arms wrap around my waist. I smile. I feel as he puts his head in the crook of my neck. It isn't awkward. We do this all the time. He then looks up at the fireworks.

"They're so pretty." I say. "Not as pretty as you." He says. I blush and turn around.

"Benny? Are you alright?" I asked. Benny had a nervous look on his face.

"Y/n..." Benny said nervously. "Yeah?" I say.

"I- I um- l-like you. A l-lot." He says stuttering. I laugh. He looks at me confused. "I...like you too, Benny." I say. "Really?! I mean, oh yeah. Cool." He says. I laugh. He kisses me on the check. I blush. I then sit down on the grass. He sits next to me. I rest my head on his shoulder. He kisses my forehead. This is the best Fourth of July ever.