Part 19

This chapter will be hella long.

-The next day-

-your POV-

Today was the day I was going to hop that fence. Here are a few reasons why. 1. I'm the fastest on the team, Benny used to be, but now I am. 2. I feel like I'm more trusted to go over without getting eaten unlike the others. 3. I don't want Small's getting grounded for life. And there a few reasons why.

I get out of bed. I wear a black tank top with a baggy fleece over it. I wear some black jeans.I then put on shoes guaranteed to make any kid jump higher and run faster. P.F. Flyers. I then put on my Dodgers hat to finish the look. I got into the bathroom and brush my teeth. I then walk out to the kitchen. I was kinda sneaking about because, well, my family.

-at the sandlot-
-your POV-

I got to the sandlot. I got there first. I then started walking to the fence. I then heard footsteps behind me. I turn around and see all the boys. They realize what I'm about to do.

"We can't let her do this, man." Kenny says. "Yeah, don't do it, y/n, it's suicide." Timmy says. "Don't do it, it's suicide." Tommy repeats. "Yeah, I do, guys. I have to do this." I say nodding my head. Benny then comes over and kisses me passionately. I smile. "You're seriously gonna let her do this, man?" Bertram asks. "Nope. Not alone." Benny says getting up on the car with me. "Benny. Stop."' I say. "No. I'm not letting you do this alone." Benny states looking at me. "Fine. But I'm the one who's gonna grab the ball. Understood?" I say sternly. He nods.  "You don't have do this, guys!" Smalls exclaims. "Yeah we do, Smalls, we have to do this." I say looking at him and nodding my head. I then jump over, Benny following. I then see a big dog. It drops the ball out of its mouth. There was slobber all over the ball. I start walking forward. But the dog barks. Benny steps in front of me, trying to protect me. I crack my knuckles and stare the dog down. I then pull down my hat to block the sun. I start running towards the ball. I get to the ball, I slide to pick up the ball. I grab the ball and start running towards the fence. Benny knew what I was doing so he jumped over the fence. I then followed him by jumping over the fence after him. Benny and I landed on our backs. The boys then help us get up. "That was sick!" Squints says. "Yeah, yeah!" Yeah- yeah exclaims. I look back at the fence. I see a dog jumping over the fence. "OH SHIT!" I exclaim before running. I ran out of the sandlot as fast as I could. "What are we waiting for?! Let's get em!" Smalls exclaims. "Yeah!" Benny yells before running.

I ran down the street. I saw a man on a bike in an alleyway. "Watch out!" I yell. I then see a car. I don't see anyone in it so I jump on top of the car. But I hear someone yell. It sounds like an old lady. I then hear the dog bark. I ran into another alleyway with a bunch of trash cans and junk all over the place. I felt bad but I had to push everything over in order for me to stay alive. I pushed the trash cans and junk in the middle of the alley. It should make the dog fall a little behind.

I then see a door. I open the door then close it. I then hear glass break. It must've been the dog, it probably jumped through the glass. "Shit." I say under my breath. I see a big screen which I slide under. I hear people yelling. Out of the blue I hear the big screen rip. I turn around to see the dog coming straight towards me.

-the boys POV-

We were running trying to find y/n. We then run into an alleyway. We saw trash all over the place. "Well shit." Benny says. We start running over the trash. After we are done running over the trash we see y/n. She was running into a celebration in the neighborhood. We see her jump over a cake. We then follow.

-your POV-

I run into a local celebration in the neighborhood. I see a cake. "Look out!" I yell as I jump over the cake. I hear footsteps behind me. I turn around to see the dog, but then I see the boys behind the dog. They run a different way. I wonder where they went. I thought.

I then run into the local pool. "Oh! Mommy, mommy! Look! A doggy!" I hear a little boy say. "Ooooh! I big doggy!" He exclaims. I run past him. My legs are burning. I don't know how much longer I can last. I see the boys at the front of the pool. How did they get here? But that doesn't matter. "Let's go! Sandlot! Sandlot! Sandlot! Go! Now!" I exclaim. "Let's go! Shortcut you guys! Let's go!" Squints exclaims. They take the shortcut. To the sandlot.

-Benny's POV- 

"Where are they?" Kenny asks. "C'mon, y/n." I say. I then see her running over here. "There!" I say pointing to y/n. She starts running to the fence. I jump behind her in front of The Beast. We then jump over the fence. We both land on our backs. Again. I then grab her under the arms and pull her away from the fence. I stand her up. I see the fence start to collapse. "Look out!" I yell. I take y/n's head and pull in into my chest. I close my eyes. After a few seconds I start to open my eyes. I see the fence down with a bunch of dust everywhere. Y/n takes her head out of my chest. She starts to cough. She starts to wobble. She's been running for 30 minutes straight. I catch her. Smalls then goes over to the fence and tries to lift the fence. But he's not strong enough to pick up the fence. "Cmon, you guys, help me, he's hurt, y/n, Benny, please." Smalls begs. Y/n then gets enough strength to walk over to the fence. I follow her. Her and I get down and start to lift the fence high enough for the dog to get out. We then drop the fence. I look at y/n. She gets up and jumps into my arms. I hold her. I then grab her face and kiss her long. She puts her head in the crook of my neck. I put my hands on her waist. She then looks at me. I was about to lean in again but we both heard growling. Y/n turns around. We both see The Beast standing right in front of Smalls. She gasps. I step in front of her. The dog then starts to lick Smalls face. I laugh. So does y/n. The Beast then walks over to his little space. I grab y/n's hand and I start to follow The Beast. The Beast then starts digging. "Wow." I hear y/n say. "Now we can play forever." I say looking at the mound of baseballs that we hit over the fence. Y/n then looks at me and smiles. I smile back. She then looks back at the baseballs, so do I. I can't believe it. My girlfriend. Pickled The Beast. I'm her jet. And she's mine. I smile at the thought.

Hey guys, this chapter was super long. And next chapter will be the last part of this story! If you guys have any ideas for storys, one-shots, etc. Pleas let me know! Luv ya 3000! ❤️