Part 6

-Smalls POV-

I sat in my room. I was writing on a piece of paper titled "Baseball Stuff to Remember". And I wrote "The Great Bambino?". I then turned my light off and went to sleep wondering who the Great Bambino could be.

-Benny's POV-

It was morning and I was going to pick y/n up from her house. I knocked on the door and she answered.

"Ready to go?" I asked. She nodded. She grabbed her glove, bat, and hat and ran out the front door.

"Let's go." She said. I nodded and we went to go get Smalls.

Y/n knocked on the door and Smalls mother answered.

"Is Scotty here?" Y/n asked. Scotty's mom nodded and went to go get Scotty. Scotty came out after a minute or two. We all then ran to the sandlot.

-at the sandlot-
-still Benny's POV-

"Hamilton the 'Babe' Porter. 'Long-ball' Porter. C'mon DeNunez." Ham said. Which made me laugh. Ham then pointed to center field. Which made everyone laugh. I just rolled his eyes.

"Yeah, okay. Yes, I see it. Yes." I encouraged Ham.

"Yeah, Yeah. Give him a hockey stick." Yeah-Yeah said making fun of Ham. Ham then swung at a bad pitch and got a strike 1.

"Whoa!" I said as I stood up fast and looking at Ham in a weird way. Also making fun of Ham. I heard y/n laugh.

"You call that pitching?!" Ham yelled at DeNunez. Kenny just laughed. "This is baseball, not tennis!" Ham said.

"Give him a tennis racket!" One of the boys yelled making y/n laugh again.

"Give me something to hit!" Ham yelled to Kenny.

"Alright, Ham. This is my heater. I dare you to hit it!" Kenny yelled to Ham.

"You'll be sorry." Ham mumbles.

"Give that boy a bigger bat!" Squints yelled making me laugh.

"You want the heater? I'll give it to ya." I heard Kenny say.

"Give him a basketball. Maybe the he'll hit it!" I heard Squints yell.

Kenny then pitched his heater and Ham hit it. The ball went flying over the fence. Ham started running to first.

"Ham, you idiot! Now we can't play no more!" I yelled at Ham.

"Great. You idiot!" Kenny yelled taking off his glove and throwing it at Ham. Y/n walks over to me.

"Welp, there goes that ball." She says while sighing.

"Yu-" I was going to say something but was cut off by Squints yelling. Y/n and I look over and see Smalls trying to climb the fence.

"NOOOOOO!" Everybody yelled as we ran over to the fence. I was the first one to get there. We ripped Smalls off of the fence.

"Guys! What are you doing?! Get off of me! Now!" Smalls yelled.

"You're gonna get yourself killed! Killed, man, jeez!" Some one the boys shouted.

We put him down then stood infront of him.

"Holy crap, you could've been killed." Squints stated.

"Yeah, yeah, truly. What are you doing?" Yeah- Yeah asked.

"You guys were all leaving, so I just thought I'd hop the fence-" Smalls was saying before he got cut off.

"If you were thinking you wouldn't of thought that."
Squints said.

"You can't go back there, Smalls." I remarked.

"Then how to we get the ball back?" Smalls asked.

"We don't. Timmy said.

"We don't." Tommy repeated.

"It's history." Timmy said.

"It's history." Tommy repeated.

"Kiss it goodbye." Timmy said.

"Kiss it-" Tommy said. "Shut up, Tommy." Timmy demanded.

"It's gone, man. Gone." Bertram said.

"Game's over, man. We'll just get another ball tomorrow. We'll never see it again." y/n says as we start to walk away.

"Why not?" I heard Smalls say. We all turned our attention back to Smalls.

"The Beast." We all say together looking at each other.

"What is that?" Smalls asked.

Y/n started to walk over to Smalls.

"Smalls, listen to me. Go to that fence... real slow and be quiet." Y/n said.

"But I-I think-" Smalls was gonna say something but he got cut off by y/n.

"No, no, no. No, no." Y/n repeated. "Just go and peek through that hole." Y/n said.

"But I- But I saw something. What's back there?" Smalls asked. "It's okay. Just go. Just go." Y/n said backing up and standing next to me.

All the boys were waving him off to go to the fence.

"Go. Go. Smalls. Go."

"Shhhhh." We all were shushing Smalls. He looked back at us. "Slow." We all said whispering. Smalls eventually made it to the fence and peeked through the hole. We backed up very fast almost falling over.

"Something got the ball. W-what was that thing?" Smalls say terrified. We all look at each other.

"Camp out!" We all say at the same time.