Part 4

-Scotty's POV-

I get changed and walk out into the kitchen. I saw my mom looking at me. "Mhm?" I ask.

"Well???" She questions. "He's too busy, mom." I state as I sigh. "Oh honey, no he isn't, go out back there and ask him." She says. "Oh alright." I say sighing.

-After the conversation-

"Scotty, go to that side of the yard." Bill said. I did what he said and walked to the other end of the yard.

"Ok, keep your eye on the ball, okay?" Bill says. "O-okay!" I yell. He throws the ball but I miss. "Sorry, I'll get it!" I say kind of embarrassed that I missed the ball. I get the ball. "Throw it back." Bill says. I hesitate. I walk over to him and put it in his glove. Good move, Scott. Bill just sat there.

"Okay, Scotty, keep your eye on the ball, okay, got it?" Bill questions. "Okay, got it!" I state. He throws the ball to me. But I miss. "It's okay, just need a bigger glove. Throw it back to me this time!" He yelled. I once again get hesitant. I roll the ball to him. He just looks at the ground then at me. I scratch the back of my head in embarrassment.

"Throw it back to me this time, okay, got it" He repeated. "O-okay." I say hesitantly. "Okay." Bill says. He throws it. "OW!" I yelled and went flying back.

-inside-

"OW! My eye!" I yell. My mother turned and ran over to me. "Ice. Hunny, ice!" My mother yelled. "Oof." I say because Bill slapped a piece of meat on my face. "Keep that down for an hour, it'll be black but it won't swell." He said. "Sorry, gotta watch out for that curve." He stated.

-Benny's POV-

The new boy sat outside on the front steps. Y/n and I walk up to him. "We are gonna go play some ball, and we need an extra guy, wanna go?" I say. "O-oh no thank you." The new boy says shyly. "Why not? Don't you like baseball?" Y/n asks. "Y-yeah, but my glove, it's busted. See, now I can't go." The new boy says. I look at y/n who just roll her eyes and shook her head. She reached behind her back. "It's okay, I got an extra one" She said pulling out a glove from nowhere. I just laugh. She glared at me which makes me go silent. "C'mon, let's go." I say grabbing y/n's hand, which makes her blush. "Mom, I'm gonna go play some ball, be back in a little while!" The boy yelled through the screen door. "Let's go." I say starting to run, my hand still around y/n's wrist. The shy boy runs with us.

"Oh, my names Scott Smalls by the way, you can call me Scottyor Smalls." Scotty says. "Well I'm y/n, and this is Benny" y/n says sweetly. Her voice is so soft. Don't be a creep, Benjamin. I snap back into reality by y/n shaking my shoulder. "You okay, Stalker?" She asks with concern. "Hm? Oh yeah I'm fine." I say. I felt my cheeks heat up. "Are you blushing, Stalker?" Y/n asks. "Oh shut it, n/n." I say in embarrassment. She just laughs. "Guys??" Scotty says. "Oh right, s-sorry." I say. We continue to walk. (You've gotten closer with the boys so you know all of their names).

We got to the store.

"I'm twe gwret bamnbinow." Ham says. "What??" All the boys say at the same time. Ham then repeats himself. "What?????" The boys say. Ham then takes something out of his mouth in disbelief. "I'm the Great Bambino." Ham says. "Who's that?" Scotty asks as we walk up behind the boys. My eyes widened along with y/n's.

-your POV-

WHAT?!? WHAT DID SCOTTY JUST SAY?! My eyes wide. I then look down to avoid everyone's gaze.

"W-what? What did he say?" Ham says. "What? Were you born in a barn, man?" Bertram asks.

"Yeah, yeah. What planet are you from?" Yeah-Yeah asks in disbelief.

"You've never heard of the Sultan of Swat?" Squints asks.

"The Titan of Terror?" Kenny asks.

"The Colossus of Clout? Timmy ask, Tommy repeating.

"The King of Crash, man." Benny says. He then looked down in embarrassment. I sigh.

I look up as I hear Scotty speak up. "Oh yeah, the Great Bambino, of course. I thought you said the Great... Bambi.." Scotty says.

"That wimpy deer?" Ham asks. "Y-yeah, I guess, uh, sorry." Scotty says. Ham just looks at Kenny in disbelief.

"A-anyway." I speak up. "Scott, that's Timmy and Tommy Timmons, pointing to the two boys who had spit on the ground. "Mike "Squints" Palledorous." I say as Squits spat on the ground. "Alan McClellan. We call him Yeah- Yeah." I say as Yeah- Yeah spat on the ground. "Bertram Grover Weeks." I say pointing to Bertram. He spat on the ground. "Kenny DuNunez." I say as Kenny spat on the ground. "And Hamilton Porter. We call him Ham." I state as Ham
spat on the ground.

"Guys, this is Scotty Smalls." Benny says jumping in.

"Hi." Smalls says waving. Squints just spat on the ground again. "Yeah, well, uh, he's gonna, uh play with us 'cause he makes nine. So now we've got a whole team." I say jumping back in. "We're wasting time, let's go to the sandlot." I say grabbing Benny's hand. "Y/n! It's nine o'clock in the morning!" All the boys complain expect Benny and Smalls.