Part 7

-Your POV-

Benny and I ran the the treehouse. We climbed up the ladder. We got into the treehouse and said hi to everyone.

"Isn't Smalls supposed to be here?" I ask Timmy.

"Yeah, yeah. Where is he?" Yeah-Yeah asked. As soon as he said that, Smalls barged through the door.

"Sorry I'm late guys, my mom made me put on my jacket, and then she made me do the dishes!" Smalls said. "Oh your poor little mommy made to go the big bad dishes!" Bertram teased Smalls.

"About damn time, Smalls." I say. "Yeah, hi to you too, y/n." Smalls says. I just laugh. Smalls then walks over to Ham. Who is sitting with S'mores stuff everywhere. I lay out my sleeping bag in the corner. Benny sets his next to mine.

"Oh, so now you're following me, Stalker?" I say making fun of Benny.

"Shut it, n/n." Benny says. I nod.

-Ham's POV-

"Hey, you want a s'more?" I ask.

"Some more what?" Smalls asks.

"No, no. You want a s'more?" I say.

"I haven't had anything yet, so how can I have some more of nothing?" Smalls says. How could he not know what a s'more was.

A shocked expression popped up on my face.

"You're killing me, Smalls!" I say. I sigh.

"These, are s'more stuff. Okay? Pay attention." I say moving my hands showing him the s'more stuff.

"First, you take the graham." I say grabbing a graham cracker. "You stick the chocolate, on the graham." I say plopping some chocolate on the graham cracker. "Then, you roast a mallow." I say putting the marshmallow over the candle. The marshmallow began to flame. "When the mallows flamin" I say blowing off the fire off of the mallow. The smoke went into Smalls face. "You stick it on the chocolate." I say sticking the mallow on the chocolate. "Then, you cover it with the other end." I say. "Then, you scarf." I say taking a bite. "Kind of messy, but good. Here. Try some." I say handing Smalls the s'more.

-your POV-

"Okay, quiet you guys!" Squints said. But we all kept chatting.

"Quiet! Are you trying to wake it up?" Squints repeats himself. "It just went to bed!" Squints said.

"What just went to bed?" Smalls said in a regular volume. We all shushed him.

"The Beast." I say whispering to him.

"Oh. Yeah!" Smalls said loudly. We all shushed him again.

Squints starts to tell he story.

-after the story- (because y'all should know the story, and I'm too lazy to write that whole damn story)

"See, man. That's why you can't go over there. Nobody ever has, Nobody ever will." Bertram said.

"One kid did. Nobody ever seen him again. Ham said. "That ain't true!" Kenny said. "Yeah it is!" Ham said taking a bite out of a graham cracker. "He got eaten."

"Nah- uh." Smalls said. "No. None of that's true. You guys are just making this up to scare me." Smalls said. "Oh yeah? Stick your head out that window. And look down." Squints said. I got closer to Benny. We all stared at Smalls. He just shrugged and went over to the window. He then jumped back and screamed which scared the living hell out of me. So I jumped. Benny just put his hand on my knee to calm me down. "He's down there." Smalls said terrified. "You bet he is." Squints said. "And whatever goes over that fence..." Ham said before stopping. He takes a deep breath. "Stays there." Ham said. "And becomes a property of The Beast. Forever." Squints said. Making the word forever, sound scary.

-after everyone went to bed-
-still your POV-

I couldn't sleep. I don't know what it was. It was bothering me. I got up and stepped over Benny because he was laying next to me, and went outside on leaned up against the railing of the treehouse. I heard someone come up behind me and wrap their arms around my waist. (You and Benny are best friends now, you guys are like really close).

"Hey." I say. Not bothering to look behind me. Because I already knew who it was. "Hey." I heard Benny say. "Why are you up?" Benny says. "I could ask you the same question, Stalker." I say finally turning around to look at him. "Well, I heard shuffles next to me. And I knew it was you." Benny says. I just laugh. "Now. C'mon. Let's go get some sleep in that pretty little head of yours, yeah?" Benny says. I blush. "Okay, Stalker." I say following him. He lays down. And I follow his action. He points to his chest. I roll my eyes and take the hit. I lay my head down on his chest. His warm embrace and his soft and steady heartbeat was all it took for me to fall asleep in his arms.