Prologue

*This book is for wattpad readers only! NovelHD and teenfic has replicated some of my books with no permission or authority.This is stealing.

#novelhdsteals #notonovelhd #teenficsteals #shametoteenfic&novelhd

-----------

Its strange how things make no sense when you feel lost... The search in finding your way - you find many interesting things you're not looking for...

It is said not until we are truely lost, we find who we truely are...

Currently, this makes no sense to me, but eventually, it will. I've got high school to deal with, nothing is more terrifying and important than that.

Besides secrets are overrated. Every one has them. The joy is in uncovering it, but the cold hard truth is that, when you finally find the answer...

There is a 50% chance you wont like it, and by then, you have reached the point of no return...

----

All my life I've been living under my sister's shadow. Hidden and unnoticed,as I grew up being the less popular sibling.

I don't mind, really I don't. I'm okay with always living up to her. In my eyes, she had elevated herself to a beauty standard that no one could compete with. So, her being my dad's favorite did make a whole lot of sense.

But ofcourse, being human and all, it does get to me sometimes. When loneliness feels more of solitude and overwhelms me, one does find ways to cope...

Emotional self regulation was an advanced skill, I seemed to have mastered. When I'm triggered, I place the world and everything else behind 50 feet of glass. I appreciate the serenity and accept the quiet day, like a blank canvas to repaint.

I had to learn to fly solo at one point, don't you think? I had a small circle of friends and that was more than enough for me. I've said this so often to myself that I didn't have dwindling feelings of jealousy, I squashed every desire to out best my sister. Truth be told, efforts would be futile.

As simple as it is, I only wanted to be included. I want them to know that I'm capable of understanding whatever it is they bond over. Can't they consider me just this once?

Let me in on their little secret... It couldn't be that bad? Could it?

"What the hell! Did she just.. " I couldn't say the words let alone believe what I just saw.

"Calm down Vydra, I'll explain everything to you if you just listen"  My dad said with his stern voice.

Well this was it, the moment I've been waiting for...