SEVEN

Rushing up to the golden gate, I finish swiping on my lip balm and stuff it in my purse

Rushing up to the golden gate, I finish swiping on my lip balm and stuff it in my purse. It was a few minutes before noon when I said I would meet Jimin here at Château de Versailles but I still hate running late to anything. Pulling out my cellphone to see if he had texted me, I let out a breath of relief that I haven't gotten a message wondering if I was still coming.

Jimin and I had been texting randomly throughout the week. Strictly on a platonic basis, of course; asking about each other's days or wondering what the other had for lunch. I found myself smiling at the sound of my text message notification one too many times and had to remind myself to be cool. Still, it's nice to have a new friend who has been such a joy to get to know.

My soles of my sneakers smack against the bricked ground as I try to keep my hair from messing up in the wind. Standing in the back of the line for the ticket sales, I raise up on the tips of my toes and crane my neck to see if I can spot the man I'm here to meet but before I finish browsing all of the faces, I feel a warm hand coming to rest on my mid-back.

"I was starting to think you changed your mind," Jimin hums close to my ear in an enchantingly honey-dipped voice and my entire body prickles from the heat of his touch.

Turning to face him, I'm thankful that the cool breeze is able to bring me back to my senses. Holding out my arms, he wraps me up in a friendly hug being careful to not linger for too long. As we pull away, he smiles down at me while I respond, "No, I wouldn't have changed my mind. I'm sorry that I was running late."

Shrugging, he looks at the time on his phone, "Twelve o'clock on the dot. I'd say you're right on time. I got here a little early, didn't want you to wait on me."

Just the fact that he was considerate enough to make sure I didn't have to wait on him makes me grin. That just makes me realize that my husband acts like he's incapable of meeting the bare minimum. It really shouldn't be that hard.

Cameron and I didn't exactly all of a sudden start making amends in our relationship after we had sex the other night. We had moments of polite conversation that made me have a glimmer of sudden hope but it was soon replaced by him not coming home until late at night again, only to go straight into the den to play video games without even a hello to me.

The line, although long, was moving at a decent pace as Jimin stood by my side. We had the opportunity to catch up on our weeks and I avoided talking about my failing marriage and instead focused on happier conversations such as something funny I saw happening to a tourist recently and the new recipe I tried out last night. He hung onto every word I spoke as if I was the most interesting person in the world, even if it really wasn't anything that intriguing, and the continuous eye contact he held drew me into every reply he made.

He followed up by telling me his struggles with ordering food the other night, thinking he was going to get one thing and got something totally different instead. His frustrated tone as he retold the story was quite endearing. I giggle when I have him repeat back what he had requested and corrected him on how to properly pronounce what he actually wanted. A hint of blush adorns his cheeks as his eyes go into adorable crescents when he realizes his mistake.