TWELVE

I'm surprised to see a stunning bouquet of those same pink flowers I always admire when walking the street already sitting on my desk the moment I walk into my office

I'm surprised to see a stunning bouquet of those same pink flowers I always admire when walking the street already sitting on my desk the moment I walk into my office. Looking behind me, I don't see any of the receptionists around so I assume they have been here for quite some time.

This morning I gave myself some extra time to sleep in after I called my boss to let him know that I would be late. Jimin took me back to the hotel after spending hours around the city just hanging out and talking as if we had known each other our entire lives. I got to my suite at a respectable hour but when the silence set in, so did the heartbreak again. It took me most of the night to get to sleep after that.

After setting my purse down on the little sofa, I take hold of the small card and smile when I realize it wasn't my husband who sent these. I'm not sure I'm ready for Cameron to try to make amends yet. It wouldn't feel genuine.

I hope you can keep that
smile on your face today.
I had a great time with
you yesterday.

- Jimin

Pulling out my phone from my pocket, I immediately send Jimin a text message, thanking him for the unexpected flowers. Within seconds I get a response from him with well-wishes for the day and a request to have lunch together which I happily accept.

Being around Jimin makes me happy and whatever makes me happy is something I'm focusing on now. When I finally pulled myself together this morning after giving myself time to feel, I straightened my shoulders, took some extra time for some self-care, meditated, and made the decision to no longer live my life based on people who don't give me the same energy.

When Jimin confessed that he was terrified of heights but was willing to go on top of the Eiffel Tower to simply put a smile on my face, that was a wake-up call. My husband, even when we first started dating, would decline to even let me pick what movie to watch because it wasn't something he would want to see but I was too lost to notice it. No matter how much I bent over backward to do things to make him happy, he never cared about doing the same for me. So with the knowledge that Jimin doesn't also think that way, I begin typing away into the search engine on my computer to plan a lunch together. Jimin can get the better side of me. So far, he deserves it.

Finding a Korean restaurant in between our two businesses, I send him the address and tell him to meet me there at half past noon. I don't mention the type of food and knowing him, he won't ask. He'll just happily show up at whatever place I choose. I'm excited to see how he'll react once he arrives and notices it's a type of cuisine he's familiar with, even if I am not.

With confirmation that he'll see me then, I push aside the butterflies growing in my stomach and focus on work. There wasn't much I could do in the two hours I have until I leave for my lunch break but I call to verify the date for the Chanel fragrance commercial shooting and that the models that Jimin and I chose will be there on time.