TWENTY-SEVEN

Walking into Mia's office building unexpectedly earned me a lot of curious looks - some even a bit too

Walking into Mia's office building unexpectedly earned me a lot of curious looks - some even a bit too... appreciative as if I wouldn't notice. Especially from the older women walking by with their cups of coffee and pantyhose-covered legs. Grinning to myself and avoiding as much eye contact as I could, I silently continue on my path, adjusting the bouquet of azaleas, calla lilies, and begonias, each a shade of pink. It didn't take a rocket scientist to know that pink was her favorite color, just a man who prides himself in taking notice of the small details when it comes to someone he loves.

"Bonjour," a young woman around my age cheerfully announces from behind a desk as I walk by. "May I help you? Are you from a florist?", she asks, switching to her best heavily-accented English. Thank God! I probably should have been more diligent about learning the language than swooning over Mia.

"Huh?" My brows furrow with confusion but then I quickly chuckle at her assumption. "No, no. I'm here to see Mia Scott. My name is Jimin... her boyfriend," I state as I peek over the wood separating us, watching the words she's writing down on a small notepad.

Handsome man! Boyfriend? ...Jimmy?

"That's Jimin. J-I-M-I-N," I correct her and flash her a smile that makes her try to hide one in response.

Scratching out Jimmy, she replaces it with the edit and stands to her feet, adjusting her pencil skirt so that it's not so high up on her hips. "Mia is currently speaking with someone, but you're welcome to have a seat outside her door. Would you like any water? Tea? Coffee, perhaps?"

I shake my head and step aside so that she can walk by. "No, thank you."

Sitting down, I unbutton the top of my dress shirt and push up my sleeves after carefully placing the flowers on the empty chair beside me. I take note of the muffled conversation coming from inside her office and fiddle with the rings on my fingers as I wait patiently for her to be done.

It was definitely a man she was speaking to. A client possibly or even her boss. Overthinking my showing up out of the blue like this, I begin to bounce my leg in anticipation. The last thing I'd ever want to do is get her in trouble or inconvenience her at work.

Just as I'm considering leaving the flowers with the receptionist, the door to her office opens and my joyous facial expression falters as I see Cameron walking out looking as smug as usual.

I still loathe that man.

"Ah, Jimin, was it?" he announces as he holds his hand out to shake mine and I stare at the gesture for a second before meeting his gaze, not accepting his offer.

His eyes bore into mine, neither one of us breaking the stare as the corner of his lip raises in an annoying smirk that makes me want to backhand it off of his face.

At the sound of my name, Mia walks out with a beaming smile that completely erased any feelings of annoyance I had. Walking over to me, I stand to my feet and wrap my arms around her waist, holding her tightly as she tucks her chin onto my shoulder. My eyes open before we pull apart, noticing how envious Cameron looked at our genuinely happy interaction.