SEVENTEEN

Walking into the home I share with my husband oddly enough feels unfamiliar and distant

Walking into the home I share with my husband oddly enough feels unfamiliar and distant. It's no surprise to me when I see that dishes have been left in the sink and there are some jackets strung about the entranceway. Out of habit, I almost pick them up until Jimin places his hand on my shoulder and gently smiles down at me. He's right, this isn't my responsibility.

I was happy to notice that Cameron wasn't home and therefore asked Jimin to come inside to help. He did look pretty apprehensive at first but I assured him that it would be fine. I'll be packing a couple of more bags so that I don't have to do this again or at least for some time. If my husband and I truly end up getting a divorce, most of everything else I will leave behind can go into the pits of hell for all I care.

Jimin glances around at pictures and artwork on the walls, intrigued by my life before I moved in with him. He asks me curious questions regarding some things in the house including a really antique-looking lamp and smiles brightly at my framed diploma that I take down and carefully place into the bottom of my suitcase. I worked really hard for that, I'm not leaving it behind to possibly become ruined out of spite. I know how intense Cameron's temper can sometimes be.

Reaching the top of my closet for me, Jimin pulls down a bunch of different shoes to pack into one of the suitcases while I throw in as many clothes and random items as I can into the other. I'd like to get out of here as soon as possible. Just these four walls bring back every argument, lonely night, and doubt I had ever felt, but I must have begun to look a bit too uneasy when Jimin takes hold of my hand to force me to a moment to look at him.

"Hey," he softly says, "I'm here for you, okay?"

Nodding, I smile at his kind gesture to remind me that I'm not going through this completely alone. "Okay."

The sound of the front door opening in the other room causes both of our eyes to widen as we remain standing in the middle of the walk-in closet. Tossing the last item into my bag, I quietly zip it up and peek out of the door.

"He's going into the den," I whisper when I hear the familiar sound of that creaky wooden door.

Picking my suitcases up for me, he steps out of the security of the enclosed space. "Should I be prepared to fight?" he smirks and I roll my eyes with a silent chuckle.

Walking towards the front door, I pause and look back at Jimin for a moment before I slump my shoulders. My conscience is getting the best of me and even though he may not be the fucking husband of the year or even for the past five years, I know how much it would still hurt to suddenly realize all of my spouse's things have been taken without even so much as a heads up.

"I'm going to tell him I was here and that I got my things," I state as I look towards the closed door of the den. "Just wait for me here, okay?"

He nods with a knitted brow, obviously worried that my husband and I could end up in another bad argument and I'm honestly bracing myself for the same possible outcome. Walking down the hallway, I take a deep breath as my heart begins to rapidly pound in my chest. Not only am I sick of the arguing but the fact that I grabbed the rest of my things is stating that I'm still not ready to come back. I need more time to think for myself and trust that he'd be willing to work on this marriage with me.