EIGHTEEN

Waking up before the sun had a chance to rise, I gently remove Jimin's arm from around my waist and slip off of the bed

Waking up before the sun had a chance to rise, I gently remove Jimin's arm from around my waist and slip off of the bed. Grabbing his sweater from last night, I pull it over my head, happy that it reaches just past my ass, and tip-toe out of the bedroom with one last look at the sweet man still sleeping soundly with his pink pouted lips and disheveled bleach blonde hair.

Last night, Jimin was with me every step of the way. From standing up for me without hesitation in front of Cameron to holding me close to him in the middle of his living room floor while I sobbed like there was no tomorrow, he is part of the reason why I have the strength to pull myself out of bed.

We had even both stated that we'd like to kiss each other the other night, therefore admitting we like each other more than just friends, but he still wasn't anything short of a gentleman when he helped me get ready for bed last night and that's something I couldn't say for a lot of men. He may be younger than me but maturity isn't limited to a certain age range.

While the water warms up on the stove to make a hot cup of tea, I pull out the small box of memorabilia from one of my suitcases that were still placed in the hallway from last night. Upon opening it, my eyes tear up at all of the seemingly happy memories that don't mean shit now. It feels like I wasted half of a decade of my life and part of my youth.

Though I'm still young at only twenty-eight years of age, I wonder how different my life would be if I hadn't been glued to a man who obviously didn't love me as much as he said he did. And maybe at one point in time, he truly believed he was in love with me. I can't deny the happy moments and the good memories, especially when they're staring back at me in the form of printed photographs.

Would I have stayed in Paris if Cameron and I hadn't gotten married? Probably but would I have still been single? Would I have even met Jimin, perhaps? Possibly even had fallen in love with him instead?

With the way things have been going with us, the easy conversations, the lingering looks, the small touches, and the incredible support system he's been, I definitely could see myself falling for a man like him. A man that makes me feel safe and constantly proves himself to be of good moral character.

Grabbing the baby blue plush blanket from his sofa, I wrap it around my shoulders and take hold of the mug filled with Earl Grey tea stemming up from the brim. Stepping out onto the balcony so that I don't risk waking him up, I set the decorated shoebox on the small round table and glance at the Eiffel Tower still sparkling with lights despite the sky slowly brightening up from the sun rising over the horizon. Pulling out one of the pictures of Cameron and I dressed up in formalwear at one of my company's parties, I take a deep breath and cut it in half before cutting it into fourths.

This feels good! It's as if I'm physically releasing the chains on my life and I suck in a deep breath of much-needed oxygen as I grab hold of another previously cherished memory to do the same. Even though tears are still shed from my eyes, it's healing to my soul and a small laugh even resounds as I cut up yet another picture.