TWENTY-SIX

(A/N: Thanks for your patience and I'm glad you guys are loving this story so much!! Xoxo)

Sighing in annoyance, I step into the building where the court-ordered psychothérapeute's office resides. Scanning the list of names, I spot the suite number for Elyna Martin, the poor therapist who has to get in the middle of me and Cameron's mess and begin to head in that direction.

I'm here fifteen minutes early so that I have a few minutes alone before I have to come in contact with him. After what happened this morning when Jimin suddenly told me he loved me, I couldn't think of anything else, and coming to stupid marriage counseling to talk about issues with a man I don't want anything else to do with was the last way I wanted to spend my lunch break. Especially since Jimin has barely responded to my texts all morning.

He totally freaked out. It was obvious he didn't mean to say it but I don't doubt for a second that he meant it. Just the way he treats me reminds me that I'm a priority in his life, and how he remembers the tiniest details were more than enough for me to know his feelings are real. Knowing him, he probably assumed he moved too fast or that I possibly don't feel the same way. If only he had waited for a second longer before rushing out of the door, he would have heard me say those three beautiful words right back to him.

I considered texting him, letting him know I felt the same way but it just didn't feel right to make such a confession like that. He deserved more than a 140-character explanation of my feelings towards him so instead, I plan on telling him tonight when he's back home from work. I only hope that he's not driving himself insane with the unknown for no reason.

Opening the door to the office suite, I smile at the receptionist and give her my name to let them know I've arrived. But the moment I turn to find an empty seat, my eyes land on my soon-to-be ex-husband, grinning at me like I'd be ecstatic to see him. Moving his coat away from the chair next to him, I peek around in hopes there was another spot available and silently curse to myself when I realize there wasn't.

"Surprised to see you here on time," I mumble as I reluctantly sit down beside him.

Chuckling as if something was funny, Cameron stares at my side profile for a moment before responding, "I told you, I'm not giving up on us."

Rolling my eyes, I sigh loud enough for him and the couple next to us to hear and subconsciously hold onto my purse in my lap a bit tighter. "Wonderful," I sarcastically comment in a monotone voice.

"Mr. & Mrs. Scott," Elyna calls out to let us know it was time to be seen.

Standing up as quickly as I could, I readjust my things and smile forcefully at the woman waiting to talk to us. "You can just call me Mia," I state as I walk inside her office. "No need for the formality. Nice to meet you."

"Nice to meet you as well, Mia," she grins politely and shakes Cameron's hand as he enters behind me.

Plopping down onto the small couch, I keep my line of vision straight ahead, ready to get this first session over with. One step closer to freedom! At least, that's what I keep telling myself. Cameron sits beside me and rests his arm behind my head until I shoot him a warning look that makes him immediately place his hands on his lap instead.