NINE

Verifying the address as I exit out of the taxi cab, I look around at all of the people at the busy bistro where Mia asked for me to meet her and step aside to allow two older women to walk past me

Verifying the address as I exit out of the taxi cab, I look around at all of the people at the busy bistro where Mia asked for me to meet her and step aside to allow two older women to walk past me. I'm early so I don't expect her to be here just yet but I'd hate for her to be all alone waiting for me instead.

I may not be her man but that doesn't mean I shouldn't be a gentleman.

To my surprise, I spot her loosely curled hair blowing in the wind on the other side of the street as she waits for the cars to clear before crossing. Smiling at her cute and cozy outfit, I realize that she and I accidentally matched with our baby blue sweaters on this slightly chilly evening. Her eyes land on mine as she gives me a wide smile and an adorable wave. Rushing across the street, I hear her giggle as she makes her way over to me.

"You're here early," I state as I smooth out her hair for her.

"You said you'd be here by six-thirty. I didn't see a reason to have you wait an extra thirty minutes for me." Looking at my attire and down at her own, she grins happily, "We match."

"Appears that we do. Great minds think alike." I gesture for her to walk up to the entrance as I follow behind her.

It doesn't escape me that the owner greets her warmly while I stand back and wait for the two of them to finish conversing. Tossing her head back with a laugh at something the elderly man says, to which I wasn't able to translate, I can't help but smile at the sight of pure joy radiating from her tonight.

"Jimin, this is my good friend Pierre. Pierre, this is my friend and client, Jimin." She introduces us and we exchange polite greetings. "I used to work here back when I was still in college."

"Oh," I perk up as I peek around my surroundings, noticing the waitresses dressed in denim and their white logo tees as I imagine a younger Mia in the same way. "So this is where your work ethic all started."

Chuckling, she shrugs. "I guess so."

"Don't let Amelia fool you. I lost one of my best employees when she moved on to marketing," Pierre states and my brow furrows.

"Your full name is Amelia?"

Rolling her eyes, she slightly nudges Pierre. "Yes and I've asked him repeatedly over the years to stop calling me that. I prefer Mia."

"I don't know why. Amelia Laurent had such a beautiful sound to it," The older gentleman kisses his fingertips and holds them up for dramatic effect. Giving him a sassy look of disapproval, he pats her back and chuckles at her reaction before looking back to me, "She's a good girl. Be kind to her."

Nodding my head, I peer down at the brown-eyed beauty with long lashes that slightly kiss her skin as she looks back up at me, "Always."

Pierre personally walks us over to a round two-person table covered by a white table cloth in a private corner where it's not quite as loud. Taking the menu from the waitress's hand, I furrow my brow as I try my hardest to read the delectable options, eventually opting to just point to the picture instead of embarrassing myself in front of Mia.