Chapter 3 - Her Feelings

Lila's POV

I watched the turning happen before my very eyes, my heart skipping a couple of beats as I then watched the Queen pull away, then gave Fern a bit of her blood to help with the transformation. But the main part of it was about to begin. "You don't need to be afraid of her, Lila. You are something special to her. Keep an eye on her for me, alright?" the Queen asked me. "Of course, your majesty." I replied automatically, and then I watched her leave the room quietly. 

I went over to Fern, and decided to lay her down on the bed. I would...lay next to her, but it would be wrong. Unless she wanted me to, but right now, she was changing. Her eyes were closed shut, until I watched them open. I realised that I was way too close to her, so I took a step back. "You're okay, Fern. I'm here." I told her in a soft tone, "Lay down next to me. Please. I need you close to me." she told me. 

I then walked over to the other side of the bed and laid down. Her eyes were a crimson red, and her skin was like her mother's. Very pale. "Do...Do you mind if I take my robe off?" Fern then asked me. "Not at all." I replied, before I turned away so I don't have to look at her exposed body. "It's okay to look at me this way. We both have strong feelings for each other." she then said to me. I felt my cheeks warm up, before I slowly turned back to look at her.

"Your blood smells amazing." she told me. 

I widened my eyes a little at her, watching her lick her lips. "You...are about to become my favourite person ever." she giggled before she leaned forward and pulled down the collar of my robe, sinking her new fangs into my neck. It was painful, but not painful enough to make me scream. I got used to it immediately, relaxing my entire body. 

A minute later, she pulled her fangs out and licked her lips again. "Come closer to me, Lila. I want to cuddle you for the rest of the night." she then told me. 

I moved closer to her, and placed my head on her pillow. "Do you have a crush on me?" I decided to ask her. 

"Well, it's kind of obvious isn't it." she replied. I bit my lip, not knowing how to react. She had a crush on me...

...and I had a crush on her back.