Chapter 15 - Turning Down Her Offer

// <3 <3 <3 <3 BLOOD MOON!

Lila's POV

It was coming up to that hour of the day and I wasn't sure if I was ready for it. The blood moon was still high in the sky and the entire house was coated in it's red glory, including Fern. The red light made her look terrifying. I already had a way to make it out alive and as a human and that was to resist. I have learnt from the first blood moon that she was going to be powerful so I had to be prepared.

I was going to hide. 

Yep, I was going to hide myself in the wardrobe and hope that she doesn't find me. I walked up the stairs from the living room and went to the bedroom. I took a small deep breath, trying my very best to keep calm. I pulled the wardrobe doors apart, opening them slowly before I stepped into it. Luckily I wasn't claustrophobic. 

I found a red blindfold just camouflaged with the red robes. I took it and closed the doors of the wardrobe, then decided to put the blindfold on. I was still resisting and I didn't know why. A part of me wanted to stay human, I guess. A few minutes later, I felt her presence enter the room again, meaning that she was looking for me. I was keeping my breathing nice and steady, crossing my fingers.

"Come out of the wardrobe, babe." she commanded.

Feeling defeated, I pushed the doors open and used my senses to step out of it. "How did you know?" I asked her, before I felt her cold hands softly grab mine, guiding me away. "I smelt your scent." she replied, "Very easy as I am a vampire, of course." she added. 

"A very attractive vampire..." I whispered, "I am not the only attractive person in this room." she told me before she lifted up my blindfold. "There they are..." she purred, referring to my eyes. Her eyes were a dark purple, mixed with a tint of red. Shit. What was happening? 

I tried to look away, but her eyes...they were luring me into her spell. I then let out a deep sigh, finding myself relaxed. I leaned in and pressed my lips against hers. The kiss was soft and loving, until she guided me towards the bed and laid me down, slipping off my robe in the process with one simple move. The kiss evolved into a battle of dominance, my legs wrapping around Fern's waist to pull her closer to me. Snap out of it, snap out of it, snap out of it!!

I somehow won the kissing battle, moving Fern onto the bed and climbed on top of her. I pulled away from the kiss, getting my breath back. "Take off my robe for me, please." she said. I then untied the belt and slipped her off, exposing the rest of her. Once I got my breath back, I leaned down and started to kiss her neck. 

She let out a small moan, her fingers were drawing shapes on my bare back, causing me to shiver a little. A minute later, I sat back up and decided to take a little rest while staring into Fern's eyes. Dangerous, but irresistible. 

"I know I have said this a few times, but you are really beautiful." I told her. I then watched her sit up, moving me a little so I was on the mattress. She then wrapped her legs around me, caging me in. "Lila, can I ask you something? It's a yes or no question." she asked me. 

"Go ahead, my Queen." I replied. This made her chuckle lightly. "Can I...gift you immortality?" she finally popped the question. 

"I...Fern..." I began, "I...I don't know what to tell you. I do want immortality, but I am not ready. Could we do it the next blood moon?" I then asked her, turning down her offer.

She then smiled softly at me, "Of course we can." she replied. A bit of invisible weight then came off my shoulders, making me kiss Fern happily as I was thankful to have her as my mate. Our relationship became stronger on this strange blood moon and I can't complain about it. It was truly beautiful.

We spent the rest of the blood moon cuddled up to each other, admiring each other's bodies as the blood moon started to settle down.

Fern fell asleep on my shoulder, which made me kiss her forehead as I pulled the duvet over us. I then closed my eyes and fell asleep with her. 

// And there we have it. Lila is the first character to survive two blood moons as a human. See you in chapter 16.