Chapter 9 - Painting And Learning

Lila's POV

I was sitting outside in the garden, watching Fern paint peacefully and happily. She turned her head to look at me, before asking; "Do you want to paint with me?" 

"No, you do you. I am rubbish at...-"

"Lila. Come on. Don't use that word." she told me in a strict manner, which made me widen my eyes a little. Well, she was a Queen...

I stood up from the white wooden fold up chair and went over to Fern, where she handed me over the paint brush. "What is it supposed to be?" I asked her to get an idea. "I don't know. Put your own twist onto it. Surprise me." she replied. Alrighty...

I looked at the canvas, taking it all in and began to think like Fern. Once I had the image in my head, I dipped the paint brush into the red blob of paint and started to paint what I was imagining. In the corner of my right eye, I could see her eyes changing into the dark purple again. I started to feel butterflies in my stomach as I continued. 

A few minutes later, I stepped back to admire my own first ever painting. "Have you painted before?" Fern asked me, "No. It's my first time." I replied honestly. "Wow. It looks like I have to get another easel or a drawing book for you." she told me.

"You really love it that much?" I asked her, "I think it will be very pleased." she said. The blood moon had feelings? 

"It's not a real person, Fern." I told my hilarious girlfriend, "It kind of is, you know." she told me, before she picked up the painting and carried it back over to the porch for it to dry. I followed her to get more information about the blood moon. "How can it feel emotions? I am really interested to know now." I asked her.

"Well, you know it has powerful energy that makes me crave for certain things. It can give many signs when it's near, and...it's energy can last a while." she answered. "What are it's emotions?" I asked her in more of a simple way. 

She then wrapped her arms around me, embracing me. "Happiness and Lust." she whispered into my ear. A sharp shiver went down my spine. "I would love to play a game when the next one appears. It's going to be so fun. Just you and I, together. Nobody will stop us from making love." she purred at the last sentence. Was this her vampire side talking?

"I...I am going to run you a cold bath so you can calm her down." I told her, before she decided to let me go so I could run the bath. 

Ten minutes later, Fern came up the stairs and went into the bathroom. "Are you going to join me?" she asked me. "I will put my feet in. That's it." I told her. She then took off her long pale green dress, letting it pile up on the floor. Once she was fully undressed again, she stepped into the cold water, expecting her to tell me that it was too cold, but she didn't. 

I was wearing a white buttoned t-shirt and a light pink long skirt. For tidiness, I tucked in the shirt and stepped into the cold water, which immediately gave me goose-bumps. I sat on the edge of the bath tub in the corner, watching Fern carefully.

This was going to be a challenge...