Chapter 11 - Normality

Lila's POV

I woke up the next morning, feeling much better and rested. Fern was with me, as she gently caressed my cheek and kissed me on the top of my head. "What happened?" I asked her. "You were zoning out, babe. You passed out the second I laid you down." she replied. I looked to see that she wrapped my body up with a soft pink blanket, beginning to remember how yesterday went. "This is my fault. I shouldn't have painted that picture." I said, before I sat myself up on the bed. "No it isn't. None of this is your fault. It's mine for losing control and I'm really sorry." Fern told me.

I let out a small sigh, before I suddenly saw the cursed painting hung up on the wall in front of me. "Do you want me to take it down?" Fern asked me. "No." I answered simply. I then turned my head to look at Fern, seeing that she was wearing a red robe. "That robe suits you. Why do you have it on?" I asked her. "It's the same robe as the one I wore on my birthday. I decided to wear it because why not." she replied honestly. Okay, fair enough.

"I made a fruit salad for you. It's in the fridge downstairs." Fern then told me. I smiled at her, before I got up from the bed and went towards the dresser to pick out a nice pink top and a pair of blue jeans. I dressed myself and walked out of the bedroom, going downstairs to the kitchen. 

I was feeling normal again, which was a really good sign. Fern was still a vampire and my girlfriend. Also, I was her mate...

I took my fruit salad out of the fridge and sat down at the dining table to eat. Fern sat down in front of me, watching me. How did she get so beautiful and how did I get so lucky to be with her for life?

Well, until I die of course. I didn't want to be one of them and I was going to fight my way through the next blood moon. Once I finished, Fern took the bowl and placed it into the sink. "You do know that the next blood moon is going to be much different than before, right?" she asked me. 

I widened my eyes a little, "How different?" I asked her. "It is going to be for the whole day." she said.

The whole day?! 

"When?" I asked her. 

"You'll know."