Chapter 12 - First Date

Lila's POV

"I have never been on a date before." I told Fern, who was taking me to our destination. "Me neither. That's why it's going to be special." Fern told me back. I had a picnic basket in my spare left hand, my right hand in Fern's. I didn't know where she was taking me but it was going to be a surprise, that's for sure. 

A few minutes later, we reached our destination which was a beautiful waterfall. We've been walking for almost twenty minutes so it was nice to know that this place was nearby. "This is really beautiful." I told her, "Just like you." she gave me a compliment which made me blush a dark shade of red. "Take off your boots and dip your feet into the water." she then told me. I nodded, sitting down on the stone ground and took off my black boots along with my black socks, then moved myself over to the edge of the pool of water.

I then dipped my feet in, gasping lightly. I could feel it...healing me?

"Healing water?" I asked Fern, "Yep. Magical, right?" she replied. I started to giggle as little waves brushed against my ankles, tickling me. Fern then joined me, dipping her feet in the water. "Does it do anything to you?" I asked her, interested to know. Sadly, she shook her head. "To me, it's only water." she told me. I frowned at that, before I looked deep into the water to see its secrets. 

Suddenly, I started to see my future. "What are you seeing?" Fern asked, immediately concerned for me. I then snapped out of it and looked up to Fern. "My future is going to be perfect, according to the water." I said to her. She then gave me one of her famous, soft and adorable smiles, "I told you that our date was going to be special." she told me before she gave me a quick peck on the lips. I kissed her back and moved my feet out of the water to have some dinner. 

"Your parents must be smiling..."

"My parents died." I cut her off. She frowned at me, before she sighed. "Sorry, I didn't mean to bring them up." she apologised. "You didn't ruin the date. I just don't want to talk about them. You know I don't."  I told her.

She then went completely silent, turning around to watch the water-fall. 

Why did she bring my parents up? She knew they died when I was a baby and got put up for adoption to find out that the world was a fucked up place. Fern was the only person I trusted and loved in this world. 

// Sorry for that awkward part. Chapter 13 is going to be a bit crazy again so be prepared and I will see you guys tomorrow.