Chapter 16 - Gentle Touch

// Gonna keep this chapter sweet and short for you guys.

Lila's POV

I opened my eyes slowly, feeling alive and happy. "Morning, my perfect beauty." Fern said to me, making me blush, "Good morning, babe." I said back, "How was last night? In my view, you were having the time of your life, apart from the bit where...-"

"Don't be sorry for that." I told her, grabbing her hand under the duvet. "I knew what you were trying to do. I could see it in your eyes." I then added, "I'm still really sorry, though." she told me. That was when I leaned forward and pressed my lips against hers. "You didn't hurt me. I'm still here." I said, watching her nod a little. "Yeah, you are. Do you want to have a bath with me? We both look like a mess." she asked me. 

"Of course. Lead the way." I replied. She moved out of the bed and went into the bathroom to sort out the bath. I followed her in, closing the door behind us to keep the heat in. A few minutes later, we were sitting in the tub together, my back against Fern's front as she was massaging my shoulders. "I really love you, don't ever forget that." Fern spoke to me, before she pressed her lips against the side of my neck. 

"I really love you too." I responded back, before I felt her gently slide her fangs into me, beginning to feed.