Chapter 7 - Clingy

// Hey you! Why not tell me what you liked about this chapter in the comment section? 

Lila's POV

I fluttered my eyes open with a small groan, feeling achy in my bones...and everything. I had my head resting on Fern's shoulder, making me look up to see her asleep. Why did I feel clingy all of a sudden? Like...I had the best time of my life with her last night, and now I was feeling like this. I then remembered. I was her mate. 

Oh my god. No wonder why I feel clingy. My heart started to speed up with some fear, knowing that I had belonged to her this entire time. Three years of serving her...and it led to this. "Hey, what's wrong?" Fern asked me in a worried manner. Shit, I woke her up. Or was it because of our mate bond?

I sat up, Fern immediately copied me as she wrapped her arms around me, pressing her lips against my cheek. "I think I am just...in shock. About the..." 

"The mate bond?" she asked, finishing the sentence for me. "Yeah, I get what you mean. When I first turned, it was bubbling up inside of me. The...lust towards you." she then told me. 

"Then how come...-" I started to ask her, but she cut me off once again.

"I held it in. Easy and simple answer." she told me. She then pulled away from the embrace and got off the bed to fill the bath tub. It was like she had read my mind because I wanted to ask if we could have a bath together. 

I got out of the bed and went into the bathroom to check on my neck in the mirror. I tilted my head to the side and moved the bloody strands of hair away from it, seeing a good view of the bite mark. "Does it hurt? If it does, I will get you a pain-killer." Fern asked me. 

"It's a tiny bit sore." I admitted, "But I can deal with it." I added which made her sigh of relief. Once the bath tub was full, Fern stopped the water from overflowing and added some rose petals which were made out of soap. 

I wasted no time into getting into the tub and laid back against the tub. I let out a deep sigh, starting to relax before Fern got in to carefully wash my chest. 

"Are you holding the urge in right now?" I asked her, "Yes. I always tell the truth." she replied. 

"Then don't hold it in."