Chapter 27: Planning for... A disaster?

"Yes, take a seat right there. We'll talk about the basics first of your upcoming wedding for this session." She said to us.

When she sat down in place, she organized a few stray papers around her dark wood desktop and then smacked her lips together, looking up at us with piercing eyes.

"Okay, so the basics of wedding-planning are quite simple. You need to have a basic idea of what food you will have to eat, what main colours or theme, if any, the decorations, and the bridesmaid dress ideas. Also, we will focus on the budget of the wedding. Today, we will start off with brainstorming to come up with some ideas. Sound good?" She asked us.

"Yeah." We both said in unison.

"Good. Now, as you tell me your ideas, I will write them in this green planner book, and then I will suggest some ideas for you. When do you want the wedding to be?" She said, looking up at us thoughtfully.

"Sometime in October?" I asked, facing Andy. "Like this October coming?"

"Sounds good... How about Halloween?" Andy suggested.

That would be a perfect idea, I thought.

"Halloween? That's a strange date to have a wedding; a celebration so happy where God unites the two of you eternally. But, if that's what you want..." Rhonda said kind of rudely to us.

Andy cocked his head to the side slightly, slight smile on his face, then he looked over at me to give me a weird look as if to say 'what is with her?'.

"Now, what is the budget of this wedding?" Rhonda asked us in a up-front sounding attitude.

" (FIND OUT HOW MUCH A WEDDING IS AND MAKE BUDGET LOWER SLIGHTLY !!)

"What food are you thinking of serving at the wedding as snacks? Main course? and dessert?"

I looked over at Andy in confusion. That is something we never discussed together. Heck, we haven't discussed anything yet! This wedding planner would probably introduce new ideas to us for the wedding! There was so much not done, after all!

"I know how to solve this!" Andy said animatedly. "What's your favourite food, Jo? We could have that as our main course."

"Pizza and garlic fingers, definitely, without a question!"

"We can have that. I like garlic fingers, too."

"That's not very... elegant. Do you really want to have that as your main course?" She questioned, peering up from her glasses to look at us sceptically.

"Uhhh... It doesn't matter to us, does it Jo?"

"If it didn't matter to you, why do you have a wedding planner?!" Rhonda said under her breath, chuckling. I couldn't tell if it was a joke or just plain being rude? I decided to let it go and not bother me and my thinking process.

"So... let's move onto the snacks, shall we?" Rhonda said. "Pastries, rich cheeses, and decadent chocolate is the most popular among marrying couples."

She sounded like she is siting straight from a fucking commercial.

"The chocolate thing sounds good." Andy said.

"What about a chocolate fountain? " She offered.

"That's a good idea!" I responded, reaching for Andy's hand to hold tightly in excitement.

"Now, what about dessert?" She asked, peering up at us while she wrote down some things inside the little green planner.

"Ummm... I was thinking that we could have cheesecake."

"Good, good." Rhonda approved, writing quickly. "Now, what about the main colours or theme of the wedding?" She asked us.

"Well, I was thinking that the colours could be... Red and black..."

"Oh my, that is awful dark and... Depressing for a wedding." She commented rudely.

"Umm--" I started to speak, before I was interrupted by her.

"Well, let's just look past that for now and move onto the decorations. Most people have white flowers or pink roses. That is very popular this year. Also, mint green roses and pastels." She told us.

"I was thinking of having dark red and black roses..." I trailed off.

"That's not what most people choose for a wedding. How about pastels? Something sweet and happy?"

Wow. Did she really just say that to me?! That was so rude. Please, lady! I don't want pastels I already told you my ideas!

"It's what she wants..." Andy said, his annoyance showing in his deep, protective tone.

She gave Andy a slightly dirty look and then proceeded with her stupid planning.

"What are your ideas for the bridesmaid dresses?" She asked sarcastically. "Usually, people have this correspond with the colours and since your colours are a little... Off, I will suggest some popular colours of this year."

'Popular' colours?! Who said I wanted popular colours? I turned over to look at Andy and gave him a concerned, annoyed facial expression to let him know how I was getting fet up with this wedding planner.

He got the hint, and returned a look that confirmed he felt the same way.

"Excuse me, but if you are going to make a comment on almost every one of my girlfriends ideas, and not listen to what she wants, then what good are you to us?"

Oh, snap.

She gave him a surprised and disgusted look which got worse as she looked over at me, with a sterner expression.

"If you are not going to take my suggestions seriously for a delicate and refined wedding, then I suggest you do not deserve my services anymore."

'Deserve' her services? Like we owe her something just to be there?!

"Fair enough. Goodbye." Andy said to her.

On the way out, in the elevator, we chatted angrily about her.

"I can't believe she was going to make us have a wedding like everyone else with the 'popular' choices... She didn't even respect our wishes or listen to my ideas! She just suggested new ones to make our wedding look like the Easter bunny threw up on it with all those pastels!" I frowned.

"I know, I know. That was so rude. I'm sorry you had to go through that, baby, I really thought she would have been a good wedding planner, mainly because my friend suggested her to me." He apologized sweetly, hauling me into his arms to kiss me on the forehead, which made me smile.

"It's alright, you didn't know anyway, it wasn't your fault." I stepped back to look at him in the eyes and then kissed him on the lips with a small peck.
______________________________________________________________
Author's Note:
Hey guys! Hope you enjoyed this chapter!
More to come :*

~Emily

Listening to: Control by: Metro Station