Chapter 10: Meeting Josephine's Aunt

ANDY'S POV:

We exited Josephine's car and I met her at the hood.

She smiled up at me. She looked so cute, it was unbearable.

"Ok, so remember what I said about my Aunt. She's not like most Aunts, so you can pretty much be yourself around her; you don't have to go out of your way to please her or anything..."

Well, that was a relief. I don't like having to try and impress people in a way that they don't know much about me. Older adults don't usually like me, let's just put it that way...

She grabbed my hand and led me to the door of the house, and hauled it open for me, her entering first.

The room we entered in must have been the living room. There was coffee bean bag chairs, and plants all around. Two couches were in sight, and knit blankets rested on top of them. The walls were a variety of colours; a cream colour, musky green colour, and a light brown that reminded me of the colour of black tea. Wow, Josephine was right! I am observant, aren't I?

Then, a middle-aged woman emerged from a hallway to the left, carrying a watering can with her. She wore a long floral skirt and a brown t-shirt with flower details on it tucked into the skirt. She looked like a hippie, all right.

"Josephine, my dear! It's been so long! And by so long, I mean a week. How have you been?" The lady asked Josephine.

"Hey, Aunt Frances! I've been good!" Josephine responded.

"How many times have I told you throughout the years to not call me Aunt?! Just Frances!"

"Haha, okay." Jo responded.

The Aunt then noticed me standing behind Josephine. I'm surprised she never noticed me right away, because I towered well over the two of them.

"Oh, a boy! Let me get a good look at him!" She exclaimed, walking towards me. She got closer and closer, and I got a little nervous for some reason. When she was right next to me, she hauled down on my leather jacket and fixed the collar on it, smoothing out the shoulders.

"You are so tall!" She commented, and then twirled her finger around, signalling for me to turn around in a circle. I did, quite confused, and then she said to me "I like him. He looks very familar! Why is that, I wonder." And then she stroked her chin, in thought.

"He's this guy..." Josephine hauled her phone out and showed her Aunt a picture of something. It must have been one of me. "His name is Andy Biersack, you know about him."

"Oh my. He's that rockstar you're talking about..." Her Aunt looked at me in awe.

"Frances! I don't always talk about him!!" Josephine defended.

"Well done, Josie, well done. You've seemed to snag yourself a famous rockstar in one night. Reminds me of when I was young, which was a long time ago, I might add, back in the day when i was a groupie. I chased Bob Dylan, The Beatles and other musicians every time they toured nearby, and that was my "life" outside of work." Frances clapped her hands and laughed cheerfully with wrinkles around her eyes.

I burst out laughing on impulse. Her aunt was funny!

"It wasn't exactly like that..." I said.

"So what's the name of your band? I should know this. I know Josie must have mentioned it before."

"Black Veil Brides." I told her.

"Interesting name. What kind of music do you play?" She asked.