10

~ TRISTAN ~

I was finally done with work for today. I had tried to hurry up in order to cover up for my honeymoon break.

"Finally free," I got up from the chair with a smile of relief on my face, arranged all the necessary files accordingly on the desk, placed the photo properly then left the home office.

"Hazel, Hazel-" I had to tell her about the honeymoon immediately. We needed to leave tomorrow so we could return quickly.

I got into the elevator to convey to the living room.

After the elevator doors re-opened, a frown was plastered on my face at the sight of Hazel with Mike; he had his arm around her shoulders and they were laughing at something I could tell was definitely stupid.

Storming to them, Mike immediately flinched from her and rose to his feet.

"What's going on here?" I stopped myself from raising my voice.

"I- I- uh..." Mike started scratching the back of his neck.

"Why are you here?" I couldn't stop myself from raising my voice this time.

"We're just talking, what's the big deal?" Hazel stared at me like it was nothing.

"Big deal?" I scoffed. "Having your arm around your boss' wife shoulders is very disrespectful, stupid and unprofessional of you."

"He didn't have his arms around..." She trailed off, looking confused. "It's really nothing."

"You're a married woman, remember?" I clenched my jaw and fists.

"He's a friend- Why do you even care?" She snapped, frowning too.

Glancing back at Mike, he quickly excused himself from our presence.

"Why do I care? Really, Hazel?" I grabbed her arm, lifting her to her feet.

Her figure stiffened at my touch. I didn't understand why but something about touching and being this close to her made a sort of weird feeling encircle the organs in my ribcage so I let go of her and cleared my throat, trying to regain my composure.

No, I wasn't mad at her because I was jealous, no way... I convinced myself internally.

"We're going on our honeymoon tomorrow."

"Tomorrow?!" She exclaimed.

"Yes. And you shouldn't let any man have his arm around you like that, you're Tristan's wife. I've finally cleared things related to our marriage to the internet, don't do anything stupid. Pack your bags, we're leaving for Spain tomorrow." I informed her, taking my leave immediately.

***

Kye and I had spent the entire time talking about different business and non-business related topics over a few drinks till Charlotte returned from wherever she might've gone.

"It's so nice to see you again." She was literally grinning from ear to ear.

"Yeah." I replied boringly, taking a sip of my drink.

"You definitely didn't miss us."

"Us?" I chuckled. "Of course, I wouldn't miss Kye but I can assure you that you're the one I missed the most amongst everyone I know." I smiled shortly while Kye rolled his eyes.

"Eres un mentiroso (You're a liar)." She chuckled. "You must've certainly missed your wife more."

I scoffed. "No way."

"Dude, you know you can't possibly be away from her forever." Kye added.

"Exactly!" She asserted.