48

“You’re finally awake.” Tristan had his gaze fixed on me, enough to brighten my morning with those beautiful electric blue eyes. 

I nodded, stretching my arms out. The bright ray of light that shone through the window made it obvious that I had slept for a really long time. Good thing I wasn’t going to work today. I sat up straight, stretching my arms and yawning. 

“I'm sorry for not returning home early last night.” He sighed, shifting closer to me. “I hope you’re fine now and you didn't miss me too much?”

“Yes, I’m fine. To be sincere, I didn’t realize you weren’t at home.” I added, smirking at him. 

“Really?” he gruffed, “and I was so distracted by missing you. Guess I won't be wasting my energy missing you next time.” 

I laughed, settling on his lap with my legs by his side. “I’m sorry; I was just too tired and went straight to bed. Now that I think of it, I guess I missed you so bad.” I nibbled on my lower lip, tracing my fingers on his face to his lips. 

“That’s an obvious lie. I’ve been so eager for you to wake up, only for you to crush my morning joy.” 

“What joy?” I didn’t know where this hunger came from this morning but he felt like a big slice of pizza ready to be devoured by me. 

He wore a playful frown and kept his hands on my waist. 

“Do you know what?” I stared down at his lips then pressed my lips to the skin below his earlobe, giving it a gentle bite. 

“Hazel,” he moaned, beginning to caress my thighs. 

“I’m very hungry this morning.”

“Really? I guess I am too. I think Sherri already arranged breakfast. I was waiting to—”

“Oh, Tristan. Not that breakfast.” I pulled my nightdress over my head, throwing it across the bed. “You’re the breakfast.” 

His eyes widened in understanding till a smirk formed on his lips. “Are you certain you’re completely healthy for me?”

“Nothing's wrong with me.” I rolled my eyes, wrapping my arms around his neck. 

“Well if you’re sure, you'd better be prepared for me, because I think you've only received an introduction at the hotel.” 

“Fine. I'm up for the advanced.” I matched his smirk, smacking my lips to his. 

*** 

Imogen had arrived here and had Tristan's attention all to herself, leaving me alone while I tried to create new recipes in my recipe books. 

“Uhm… hello?” Nikita called, knocking on the door.