28

Tristan held his briefcase and was arranging his files into them. His back faced me as I walked into the home office.  

I hugged him from behind, resting my head on his back like the ladies in the movies I had watched did to their lovers. 

“You’re being too clingy. If you continue acting this way, I’ll be forced to stay back.” 

“I’d love that, but that’ll make me an enemy of your progress and I don’t want that.” I pulled apart from him and stood in front of him. 

“Seriously?” He rolled his eyes and closed the briefcase. “I’ll be leaving soon with Kye, though he’ll be back sooner since he doesn’t have a lot to do.” He held my hands. “Charlotte would like to come stay here for a while; she’ll be bored, and due to her pregnancy, she claims to need a lot of assistance from a friend and you’re a perfect person to keep her company. So… if you don’t mind, can she stay here with you?” 

“Of course I don’t mind. I’d be so glad. Charlotte is an amazing person to be with.” I grinned. 

“Okay then! I’ll call her.” He slipped his phone out of his pants pocket. “Rob!” He called and Rob scurried in. “Please take this along with my luggage.” He said, pointing to the briefcase. 

“Okay, sir.” Rob replied with a polite bow and grabbed the briefcase, leaving the room. 

Tristan proceeded to call Kye. “Hey… be here in a giffy. And yes, she agreed for Charlotte to stay with her.” 

Charlotte’s squeal sounded from the phone then Tristan hung up. He didn’t even let me speak to them. 

“That’s it. Expect Charlotte soon.” He grabbed a key from the table and handed it over to me. 

“What’s this for?” 

“This room is really precious to me: it has a lot of my important files and many of my secrets. Normally, I’d lock it up as always, but I can trust you now, so you’re the only one with access to this place while I’m gone. This is the key to this room, it'll be in your custody.” He explained. 

“What if I get tempted and read your diary again?” 

He leaned closer. “We’re married. I don’t think there should be any secrets between a husband and a wife; you now have access to all my secrets. Even if you read my diary, I promise not to be mad at you, but it’s at your own risk.” He smirked, “Reading my diary is like unfolding my mind. I bet you don’t want to know what’s going on in this head.” 

Hearing that made me feel really bad that he was playing a perfect role as the husband and was willing to let me know all of his secrets, but I wasn’t being the perfect wife. I wish I could tell him everything, I really wished I could. 

“Let’s head downstairs. The car is waiting.” He snapped me out of my thoughts and grabbed my hand.