52

“What the heck do you mean?” I wanted to check it out for myself but Tristan held my wrist, automatically stopping my movement. 

“What do you think you're doing? I don’t want you to be traumatized over nothing.” 

“Nothing? Charlotte is fucking dying, yet that is nothing?” Kye asked, hurt flashing in his eyes. 

“No. I mean, I’m certain she’s not going to die. There shouldn't be any need for her worry to increase over Charlotte when she's not going to die. Just calm down, Kye.” He pulled me away to Nikita. “Nikita, both of you should return home. It’s late. I’ll stay with Kye.”

“There’s no way I’m leaving until Charlotte is fine.” I protested.

“Hazel, don't be stubborn. You look tired. I’ll update you every second. Just go home. Please.” He held my shoulders. 

Though I didn't want to leave till Charlotte was awake, I had to admit that I was extremely tired. “Okay. You must call me when she wakes up.” I succumbed to his demand. 

“Yes.” He placed a kiss on my forehead and I left with Nikita after Mike arrived at the hospital to drive us home. 

I tried my best to stay awake, pacing around the house while staring at my phone, waiting for an update from Tristan, but there was nothing.

I decided to sit on the chair, still trying not to sleep. I didn't know when I drifted to sleep on the couch without any update on Charlotte. 

***

~ TRISTAN ~

I jerked awake, staring around in confusion at the chiming sound around me. It took a while till my brain processed that it was just my phone ringing and nothing to panic about. 

I lifted the phone and answered the call from Hazel.  “Hello.” My voice was gruff from my sleepy state. 

“Still no update? It's morning already.” 

I stared around, also realizing that I had slept on the hospital bench. Kye was still seated on the floor away from the door. 

“Hang on.” I rose to my feet and trudged to Kye. “Hey. Any update?” 

He shook his head, sighing. “I don’t even know what to do. I've Just been stuck here, watching different people walk in and out of the room. I'm scared to know her state now; I don't want to know anything anymore.”

“Don’t you have any bit of faith? What is wrong with both of you? You're scaring the hell out of me. Shake that fear off.” Hazel scolded over the phone. 

“I don’t think—”

 Kye was interrupted by a doctor-looking man who asked me, “Are you Kye Gage?”