11

Tristan didn’t return home last night and neither was he home this morning. 

I had packed my bags for the so-called honeymoon but still no sign of him. Despite my numerous calls, no response. 

“Where is Tristan?” I asked a random man who suddenly approached me. 

“I have no idea.”

“Gosh, I've been trying to call him since yesterday but no response. What’s going on?” 

“I really have no idea. I was only told to drive you to the airport. He said you shouldn’t be late.” 

I let out a heavy sigh. “Please pack my bags.” 

“Of course, I will.” He bowed politely.

I left for our room to give him and another man my bags then locked the door after they left, stripped my clothes off then got into a long black rhinestones velvet dress, applied makeup on my face, wore a pair of silver matching heels, re-straightened my hair, grabbed my purse from the nightstand then left the room for the car downstairs.  

Mike opened the car door for me with a small smile on his lips. “I’ll miss you.” He sighed. 

“Me too.” I gave him a friendly hug before getting into the car and he shut the door.

The driver turned around and got in too, zooming off.

“The airport…” 

“Yes.” He replied though it wasn’t a question.

I slouched back in my seat, my mind was still racing through different thoughts, mostly associated with his diary from yesterday. My brain was still trying to process the words, it didn't feel real at all. There was no way Tristan loved me. 

He hadn’t answered my calls, increasing the rate at which I was going crazy. How could Tristan love me? When? Or was it a dream I had last night? He was always so cold and not even a hint of him loving me was expressed. I was still as confused as hell, I needed to speak to him immediately.

Everything was all just a big misunderstanding... He loves me, I do too, my fantasies were finally going to come true? This was still so damn hard to believe.

The drive lasted for about two hours before we arrived at the airport. 

As I got out of the car, hot bodyguards in tuxedos and sunglasses started surrounding me. At first, I was startled but then I remembered I was Tristan’s wife so such dramatic things ought to be expected. 

“This way, Mrs. Hendrix.” A random man appeared out of nowhere and said, leading me to where I prayed Tristan was. 

After a while, he finally stopped then left.