51

“What’s wrong?” I asked, forgetting our argument. 

“It was Kye. He said Charlotte fell from the stairs and was bleeding a lot. She’s in the hospital now.”

“What? How?” I was confused. It was definitely unexpected. 

“Oh my gosh. She’s pregnant.” Nikita covered her mouth with her hand like she had just discovered Charlotte’s pregnancy. 

“Kye must be so scared. I have to leave for the hospital now.” 

“I’ll come with.” I said. 

“Me too.” Nikita added. 

“It's late.”

“We'll go with you.” Nikita protested. 

Tristan didn’t argue any further and hurried to grab his car keys then drove us to the hospital. 

After Tristan made the formal requirements with the receptionist, we were finally able to meet Kye. He was sitting on the floor, ignoring the presence of the chairs, his face was so pale and he looked frozen till his eyes met Tristan’s which made him jump to his feet. 

“Kye. What happened? How? Is she fine now?”

“She definitely isn’t. She lost a lot of blood. I don't know what to do.” He seemed like he had been holding back his tears but couldn’t hold onto them anymore when Tristan pulled him into a manly hug. 

“She’ll be fine.” He assured him. 

“I’m scared. She was bleeding profusely, she was bleeding everywhere. Will she be fine? She was hurt, our babies were definitely hurt too. She hit her head and her stomach. I’ll die if anything happens to either of them.”

“It’ll be fine.” I tried to be assuring, petting his head to calm him down as tears rolled down his face. 

“Charlotte will be fine. Don’t you know how strong Charlotte is? She'll be fine.” Though Tristan sounded confident,I could read the extreme fear that accompanied his voice. 

“She was fucking bleeding.” He pulled away from the hug. “Look at my suit coat.” He pointed at his gray suit coat on the floor that was covered with blood. “Oh God, nothing must happen to Charlotte. I was feeling strange since a few days ago when she had been joking about death. What will I do if her stupid playful prophesies come true?” 

“They won’t. Please be calm.” Tristan put him to sit while Nikita and I rubbed his back to placate him. 

“God, please don’t do this to me.” He cried, burying his face in his palms. 

“Nothing will go wrong. Have faith.” Nikita also tried to sound convincing and failed at it. 

“Please be strong .” I also attempted to convince him but the fear reeling inside of me made my voice crack.