30

~ TRISTAN ~

    “What’s wrong?!” Kye asked, worried. 

    “It’s Hazel. Sh-she suddenly passed out, her breathing isn’t normal anymore, there’s no one around, and I can’t carry her to the hospital due to my pregnancy. I’m scared. She doesn’t look fine at all.” She said in one breath. 

    “What the heck?!” I jerked to my feet and grabbed the phone from Kye's hand, placing it on my ear. “What is wrong with her? What happened?”

    “I don’t know.” I heard her wail. 

    “Have you called an ambulance?!” I yelled. 

    “N-no… I’m… I’ll… I’ll do it now… I....” She hung up. 

    “What on Earth could be wrong with Hazel?” My heart was beating really fast. It felt as though my head had begun to rotate. 

    “Man, this is—”

    “We have to return now.” I exhaled, sprinting out of the room. 

    “Rob!” I called, pacing around impatiently while Kye caught up with me. 

    For what took like forever, Rob was running in my direction with Mr. Beeharry tailing behind him. 

    “Arrange for me to return home right now!” I ordered. I could feel beads of sweat on my forehead.

    “Return? But we have just started.” 

    “Are you fucking out of your mind?!” I barked at him. “My wife’s life is at stake! How dare you question my order?”  

    “I’m—I’m sorry.” He apologized and dashed out of sight. 

    “Mr. Hendrix, you’ll lose billions of dollars if you leave now. Can’t you make someone handle her from there?” 

    I growled and wanted to grab his collar, but Kye stopped me and started pulling me away. 

    “Stop it. Mr. Beeharry, the deal is canceled. Tristan, calm the fuck down.” 

    “How can I calm down?!” My veins had almost popped out of my skin. What could be wrong with Hazel? Hazel couldn’t die or anything as crazy as that. 

    Lord, please nothing should happen to my Hazel.