26

“Wow!” I exclaimed, placing my hand on her heavily pregnant tummy. “You’re pregnant!”

“Yes, Hazel.” She grinned, her sky blue eyes were filled with intense joy.

I pulled her into a hug, not tight enough to squish her tummy, but a tight one.

“Hazel, is this really what has been making you so secretive recently? Because she’s coming back?” Tristan was clearly very pissed off for some reasons I didn’t understand. “So why did you suddenly return, Indy?”

“What do you mean?” I turned to him.

“Why the heck are you back?” He was almost yelling at her.

“I… uhm… I don’t—”

“Tristan, why are you being so mean?” I frowned at him.

“He’s clearly still the same.” She said with a coy smile, holding my shoulders. “Can I please stay with you?”

“Are you being serious right now?” He huffed and turned around, walking away like we weren’t even there.

“What the heck is wrong with him?” I wondered aloud.

“It’s Tristan.” She chuckled. “Please forget that for now. I really missed you.”

I paused to scan her from head to toe, admiring how she had become more beautiful due to her chubbiness, her dark blonde wasn’t shoulder-length anymore but very long and she looked more mature, despite looking so tired. “Where’s Ian?” If I remembered his name clearly. “And where are you heading to on your own?”

“Ian?” her smile washed away as she stared around, scratching her arm till she looked back at me with a smile I could tell was feigned. “Uhm… can we please go now? I’m so damn tired. I was heading to… um… to a… a store… but… I… I wanted to call you… can we just please go to your house?”

“Okay.” I replied unsurely.

She held her hand and we headed to where the car was previously parked while having different short and happy talks. I was surprised to see Tristan leaning against the car; I thought he would’ve left with it.

A frown returned to my face after remembering how he was smiling while thinking about Lucy and how he had left abruptly.

He opened the door to the passenger seat for me to get in then shut the door after I did. Not bothering to open the door for Indy, he turned around and got into the driver’s seat and started driving the car after she got in.

“Hazel, I hope you don’t mind if I stay with you for a while. Maybe till I give birth?” Indy asked.

Of course I didn’t have a problem with him but judging from Tristan’s actions, I could tell he didn’t want that.