•|CHAPTER-27|•

Kavya's pov

It's been few days since the wedding date is been decided and now it's early winter in Delhi. Though it's not that cold now a days but still the temperature has dipped down. it's a bit chill now. Though it's going to be November in a few days but it's not that cold.
I was way too lazy for going to shop for the dress so decided to buy online, for the get together which we will be having after the retirement ceremony.

I was scrolling form Myntra when I came across a dress, it was beautiful and perfect for the season as well.

I ordered this dress and went to sleep.

It was the day of my retirement. After getting ready in my uniform I went to my dad's study room. With the hat in my hands.
I knocked the door of his room and after entering the room I first went towards the portrait of my grandfather Veer Pratap Singh over thr Mandel piece. I kept the hat near his portrait and said

"Dadaji aapji da sufna aaj mai pura kar dita. Bas ek khwaab rahe gaya ki tuc apne hatha naalo mujhe mere garv phena sakde" as I said those word I felt a hand over my shoulder and I knew it was my father's.
He took the hat in his hands and then made me wear it.( Grandpa I have completed your dream. But just one thing is left that you are not here to make me wear this cap)
"I am proud of you bacche. Tuc meri chaati garva nalo chodi kar deti hai. Tu sabton vadiya dhee hai jo ek pyeo nu mil sakdi hai. I love you baccha and always remember that."(iam proud of you kiddo. You are the best daughter for any Father and I love you always remember this)
After our emotional talks we were off for the area.

I was wearing my uniform with pride and it's the best thing happen to me.

I was waiting for my chance for the speech so before that I decided to roam my eyes in the audience and saw both my families and friends sitting there with pride in their eyes

When my eyes met with those of Mayank's he freaking passed a flying kiss and winked at me. To save me from embarrassment I was been called for the speech so let's get going with it.

"Mohobbat ussne bhi ki thi
Par do alag alag logo se
Yaadon mein apni usse sajaye rakha
Phenke wardi khakhi farz apna ada karta tha
Mahino usse dur rha
Hind ki mitti ko sene lagaye rakha
Hua shaheed wo ek din
Ro usne kaha
Humara saath yahi tk ka tha
(He even loved but to two different people
He kept one in his memories and while wearing the uniform he did his duty as an officer
He stayed away for months from the person of his memories
But one day he got martyred and his last words for his memories were,
Our journey was till here only)
Salute to all the people who are out there on the borders protecting our nation with their lives. My respect for you guys is huge because I know how it feels to be separated from the family and loved ones and not been able to contact them for months. How one fears of not being able to return back to their home to their kids, parents,l life partner and friends....

Mayank's pov
"... Thank you to the Indian Army for making me the person I am, for giving me the life which I never expected, for trusting me with your soldiers and for trusting me with everything. 5 years which I spent here are completely bliss and this experience can never be compared to anything else in the world.

With a last few words I will be ending my speech for the day.

Mai kal bhi tha
Mai aaj bhi hun
Fir gham dube Sheri kyu
Bechain na ho, mayus na ban
Sarhad par sena baithi hai

Maasoom ki jaan lekar
aatanki baithe hai
Laachar hai vo dushwar hai vo
Sadbudhi kahi gawa baithe hai

Jis par goli barsate hai
Vo bhi Allah ke naymat hai
Bas farq iss baat ka hai ki
Vo janme ghar pados mein hai

Jab jab Dushman ne lalkara hai
Tab tab usko pachhada hai
Gair aankh utha ke dekha
Unhe nayn mukt banya hai

Raat lambi hai toh kya hua
Subha abhi aati hogi
Bechain na ho, mayus na ban
Sarhad par sena baithi hai

Thank you for being a patient listener and now I will be giving my post to Major Kabir Malhotra I hope you all give him the same respect as me. Jai Hind." She ended her speech and we all went towards the dinning area for lunch. During Lunch she introduced us to many of her colleagues.

(I won't be able to give the translation for the part above because it's becoming vague and unclear to clear out it's a poetry praising the Indian soldiers)

After lunch we all went home. Me Kavya, bhais and bhabhis will be coming with us for the get together so we all started to get ready. Let's what new can happen there.

______________________________________

Hola amigos hope you all are doing well. Here is another update. The update could be there in the morning but Wattpad decided that it should disrupt the function and entire chapter got deleted and I have to write it again. Hope you all like it. Do vote and comment and tell how did you find the chapter. Till then adiós.
Regards
Khushi ♥️