•|CHAPTER-37|•

Mayank's pov

Today is the day when me and Kavya will be tied in the sacred knot of togetherness. We will be married tonight.

By 1 p.m. mom ordered everyone to have their lunch because after that we all will be getting ready for tonight.

After lunch we all dispersed to our rooms. I thought to take a short nap for an hour or so. As soon as my head touched the pillow I was asleep.

I was sleeping peacefully in my room, when someone poured chilled water on me.

"What the hell!!!?" I screamed
I saw bhai and bhabhi standing on door and trying to control their laughter and my little devil Maira
Was laughing out loud while holding the glass. Now I realised that she was the one who threw water on me.

I picked her up and she was laughing and I tickled her. She was laughing mess. We all were busy in our world that we didn't realise that mom was standing there with a spatula in her hand. And ladies and gentlemen me and my brother paled because we never want to be on the bad side of our mother she can be really hard we it comes to punishing her kids.

She started hitting me and bhai because we were sitting here and laughing and not getting ready. After our pleas she stopped but not without giving a deadly glare.

"DO YOU EVEN REALISE WHAT IS THE TIME!! IT IS 4:30 AND AT 5:15 YOU Mr. MAYANK JAISINGH HAVE YOUR SEHERA BANDHI SO GET YOUR ASSES UP AND GET READY I WANT YOU ALL BE READY BY 5 AND IF NOT YOU ALL KNOW ME!" with that she left. I moved towards my bathroom and took a quick shower and got ready in my sherwani. I styled my hair and even trimmed my beard too.

I applied my cologne, wore my watch and jutti by the time I was ready it was 4:55. Not bad I patted my back.

There was a knock on my door and bhabhi enters my room.

"Maa asked me to make you wear your accessories and then take you for SEHERA BANDHI!"

Then she made me sit on the dresser's chair and made me wear a necklace sorta thing with maroon beads then she asked me to stand and then pinned a golden colour velvet stole on my shoulder.

"Mayank I know you love her alot and can bring world to her but remember one thing that you Both will fight have arguments and what not but remember one thing that communication is the key to happy and successful married life. So make sure that you both talk to each other and sort the difference out, and also never let anyone come between you too. You can take advice but don't involve anyone." She said and kissed my forehead and asked me to come down.

When I reached to hall I went and took blessings of my parents, mom was having tears in her eyes I hugged her tightly and kissed her forehead.

"Mom and don't cry today your youngest son is also getting married, all your wishes are coming true it's a moment of happiness not tears so smile."

Then dad said "I am proud of you today beta!" And patted my back.

I was made to sit on a chair and dad tied my pagdi and bhabhi pinned to brooch on it and tied the SEHERA over it. She also applied some surma in my eyes to as a protection from evil.

 She also applied some surma in my eyes to as a protection from evil