•|CHAPTER-29|•

Mayank's pov

We all reached the hall booked by Singh's for the party. Me and my family was busy in mingling with other business associates, when announcement was made that the Singh's are arriving in the hall.

Drum rolls were there and firstly the eldest came out from the doors.

"Ladies and gentlemen please give a huge round of applause for the eldest Singhs Mr Mankirat Singh and Mrs Jasvinder Kaur, the Ex-CEO of Singh Corporation and his wife. Now let's welcome Mr Gursimran Singh and Simran Kaur, the current CEO of Singh Corporation and his wife."

There were rounds of applause when Gurshy bhai went on stage.

"As you all know me and my family in the business world but no one knew the person who was in the shadows to help me out in the business matters, the one who was not know by anyone, the one who gave me the tips to crack the meetings, my sister Kavya Singh who was know to be the mysterious daughter of Sardar Mankirat Singh, is now here to take her position in the company as the CFO, you all might be thinking how come she was never seen, the reason, she is the SAME Kavya Singh whom you all saw on the news a few days back, yes your guess is right, please give a huge round of applause for our ex army personnel, KAVYA SINGH!" He said a bit dramatically but it was worth it.

Then the spotlight was shifted to where Kavya was standing. With light music she came in the hall and then she went towards the stage and and took the microphone in her hands.

"I would like to thank my brother for a bit dramatic entry for me, but at the same time my family are the only people who stood behind me in each and every step of my life, making me the person who I am today. Yes it is true that I worked the the Indian Army dor about 5 years but at the same time I was working for the business too, helping my father and brother with business which made me learn many things. My brother and father are my role models for business world and I am thankful to them for making me confident enough to work for them too. So here I will stop here, let the part begin guys." With this she went downstairs, I went towards her.

"You did very well mi amor" I said
"Gracias, señor" (thank you Mr) she said.

We laughed a little because we both sometimes banter in spanish and French.

We were enjoying ourselves but I was always on guard because I had some information that someone from the same terrorist group will be here in party to harm Kavya because she was able to kill their head.

You all must be thinking how I  am able to get such information, so let me tell your that I do work for the army as a secret agent. But I have not told Kavya though I know tha she will be working as a special agent but she doesn't know about me and she knows that here head is Agent M but she doesn't know that Agent M is non other than me. I know she will be hell of angry with me when she will get to know about the same.

I was talking to some of the associates when we heard a gunshot, my first thought was to save Kavya but I was not able to find her.
So made sure that I made everyone walk out of the hall, I loaded my gun and started looking for the source of gunshot.

Suddenly there a lot gunshots to heard and as I followed the sound I found a few people dead on the floor.

Somebody tries to hit me but I saw him in hte mirror and attacked him first and killed him. I made my way forward and killed some people on my way. When I reached the balcony area I saw Kavya was holding a gun and trying to hit the person who was attacking her, but soon I found that she was able to hit the same person between the eyes and he was lying dead on the ground.

I went towards her to see whether she was fine or not.

When I saw here she was fine I sighed.

"How did you have a gun with you Kavya?"
"Did you forget about I was in the army and security is utmost important!"
"But how did you know that something was up today and you had a gun today with you yrr!"
" I was not having it before the party started but Kabir came and gave a gun to me and told me that someone is here with his team to kill me because I killed thier head terrorist. But how the hell you are having a gun because as far as I know you don't own a gun and your bodyguards are the one who handle these situations!?" She exasperated.

I started to rub the back of my neck nervously, me the Mayank Jaisingh is sacred of his fiancee.

"Well... Umm... I work with Indian Army as a secret agent and knew about today's event which was going to happen so I was having my gun" I murmured lowly. I was as silent as I can be but I knew she heard it.

" WHAT THE FUCK MAYANK JAISINGH YOU ARE WORKING WITH THE INDIAN ARMY AND YOU DIDN'T TELL ME! WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU IDIOT!" she roared at me and I knew I was a dead meat in from of her now.

"Well you see I am your senior too so try and respect me as well..." But I was cut off while saying.
"My senior, my ass you might be senior at work but how dare you to hide this from me, now leave I don't want to talk to you for now I have a meeting to attend with RAW and you my senior will be there and don't you dare to call me or I will kill you!" She exclaimed and left. I stood there dumbfound but I knew I messed up so I need to clear it out. It's going to be hard to make it up to her.

______________________________________

Hola amigos hope you all are doing well. Another update is out guys. Hope you all like it. Do vote and comment and tell me how did you guys find the chapter. Till the adiós.

Regards
Khushi ♥️