Chapter 27: A Broken Spell

Hi! I've decided to change my book cover. Is it better now? I hope you like it! Anyways, back to the story!

(Y/N)'s POV
When i woke up from my nap, I was feeling hungry. I tried to get up but Xander and Kanato were cuddling with me tightly. "Guys...please wake up...I am hungry..." I said.

"Mhmm....we can just bring food and eat here...I don't feel like seeing Ray after whar he did to you..." Kanato said.

"You know that he's under a spell..." I said. "Fine...let's just go get food and come back here...that is final" xander said and got up.

I sighed and got up too. Then, i dragged Kanato out of bed. "Aww...do you really want me to be with you that much? That's so adorable..." Kanato said with a smile.

I rolled my eyes and continued dragging him. When we were searching for the kitchen, I saw Queen Miranda and Ray together.

The aura around her hands were turning green and Ray's eyes were glowing even brighter. "Look...." I whispered.

"So...the queen is controlling Ray?" Xander asked. "I think so" I said and nodded. "Well, let's deal with this tomorrow..." Kanato said and we quickly hurried to the kitchen.

There were all kinds of odd stuff in the kitchen. We tried finding edibles foods. "Hey, there's a bread basket over there" Xander said.

We went towards him and there were indeed some breads in the basket. "It smells good..." I sais as i sniffed the air.

"I think its edible" Xander said and took a bite. "Yeah, this is normal bread" he said. So, me and Kanato just ate the breads left in the basket.

"I'm quite full" I said while Patting my stomach. "Yeah, me too" Xander said. "Let's go back to (Y/N)'s room" Kanato suggested and we nodded.

As we were walking back to our room, a servant ran out from a corridor with a slit neck and lots of cuts on her clothes and body. It also looks like her arm has been ripped off.

"W-what happened?" I stuttered. "Queen Miranda did this to me after slightly touching that human, Ray" she said as she cried.

She bled so much she ended up dying on the spot. I stared in shock and firmly held Kanato and Xander's hands.

We tried to walked back to my room only the see a really bright light coming from the opposite hallway.

Curiosity got the best of us and we decided to see what was going on. Upon reaching the corner, I saw Queen Miranda killing another servant with the help of Ray.

Ray was laughing hysterically as he chopped of the servant's head. I widened my eyes I shock and quickly ran to him. "(Y/N)!!!" Xander and Kanato shouted loudly.

I hugged Ray tightly from the back and shake him. "Ray! Please! Snap out of it!" I shouted and continued shaking him.

"How dare you touch my husband?! Kill her now!" Queen Miranda said angrily. "Yes, my love" Ray said and looked at me. I contimued hugging him and he pushed me off roughly.

"Ray! Please! This is not you!" I shouted. Ray took hold of my collar and tried to strangle me with it. (Remember, the collar he gave you with a bell on it? Yeah...I forgot about it until now)

Xander and Kanato ran to me and tried to pry Ray off but he was too strong. Ray tighten my collar even more and I was gasping for air.

'Wait...what if I kissed him? In fairy tales, the prince always kissed the princess to break her out of a curse...what if it worked on Ray?' I thought.

'But...is it gonna snap him out of it?....Ah! Its now or never!' I thought and grabbed Ray's shirt.

Then, I pulled him towards me and kissed him softly. "Stop that!" Queen Miranda shouted while Xander and Kanato held her back.

I continued kissing Ray and he began to loosen my collar. He closed his eyes and began kissing me deeply. Once he opened his eyes, it was his normal grey eyes.

"Ray!!!" I said and hugged him. "Ugh...what happened?" He asked. "I snapped you out of Queen Miranda's spell!" I said and continued hugging him.

"How dare you!!!" Queen Miranda shouted and strangled me. "Hey!" Ray shouted and pushed her into a wall. "We must leave now!" Xander said and we began running towards the main door to escape.

As we reached the main door, the door wouldn't budge open. Instead, a huge mouth opened from the door and tried to grab us with its tongue.

"You think you can run from me?! I'm a witch! More powerful than you pathetic humans!" Queen Miranda said and appeared from the corner.

I backed up and looked at her fearfully. Her eyes were completely black with black goo oozing out of her eyes.

"Grr..." Xander growled. Ray punched a window nearby and he carried me. Then, he jumped out of the window with Xander and Kanato following.

The whole castle began melting as we continued running for our lives. Ray was carrying me the whole time and I looked at the castle. Behind the door, stood a very angry queen.

She shouted something inaudible and all kinds of witches and wizards began chasing us. I clenched Ray's shirt tightly with my fist as I trembled.

Then, Kanato saw a shady tree and we all did the same. Ray gently let me down and i quickly climbed up. I sat on a huge branch and Ray managed to climb up.

I was trembling heavily as Ray hugged me. Xander and Kanato also hugged me protectively. "I wont let them hurt you...i promise..." Xander said.

"I'm scared..." I whispered quietly. "Shh..." Ray said as he pointed down to a mob of witches and wizards. "Find them!!" Queen Miranda shouted.

They went into separate directions.  I feel so thankful that the tree we were sitting on have tons of leaves to cover us.