let me go back home please

SEASON: WINTER
| away from home

to forever deprive
not but an unrequited love
a second, a minute gone with the wind
not but a tear but a flash, a moment blighted, bleak, for this is it.

a very common thing with most abusers, is that they use tactics to control or put fear in their victims. these tactics can include minimal things like threats of violence, to more extreme things like emotional blackmail or even pretending to harm or abandon them.

and since most abusive relationships are also co-dependent, abandonment is a very distressing thought for victims, and even the abusers themselves.

but in the case that the abuser tries to 'scare' the abused to create a false sense of security or fear, it's usually done when the abuser believes or fears that they are losing control over the other person. this can happen if the abused starts to assert their own independence, sets boundaries, or even tries to end the relationship.

more often than not, this leads to the abuser doing very dramatic things to get the abused back, or to at least keep them under their thumb. this can manifest in various ways, but usually involves the abuser being overly apologetic, showering the abused with gifts or affection, or even threatening to harm themselves if the abused leaves.

in some cases, it can involve the abuser actually going so far as to pretend to be harmed by another person, in order to gain sympathy and manipulate the abused into feeling guilty and staying in the relationship.

in other instances, the abuser will go as far as pretending to be someone else like a robber or a masked man, to scare or harm the abused, in order to make the abused person run back to them, looking up to them as a person who will protect or save them. this is often seen as a last-ditch effort to regain control over the abused, making them believe that they need the abuser in their lives.

this is a form of emotional manipulation.

there are lots of extreme examples and cases of 'last-ditch' efforts by abusers, but it's important to remember that not every abusive situation is like that. most of the time, the abuse is more subtle, and it's easy to miss or downplay the signs because they aren't as dramatic.

but in this case, what does 'extreme' or 'dramatic' mean to wymer?

Los Angeles, California. 🇺🇸

M E A Z E Y

"You wanna know what I learned in Juvie?" Meazey questions, looking over at her father as he sped down the highway. "What did you learn?" he asks and she smiles a bit, "How to be independent." she reveals. "That's good. But what you should have learned is how to fuckin behave," he snickered.

"It taught me that too!" Meazey laughs, "I'm not doing anything illegal anymore so it did help."

"MB .." Chris gives her a 'really nigga' look, "you do know that street fighting is illegal, right?"

Meazey's lips part as they stare at each other momentarily. "I mean, I don't do it all the time."