- "miscellaneous" -

SEASON: Fall
| away from home

SIX MONTHS LATER ♠️

"I threw my heart at you, and you let it fall. Not only did you let it fall ... you stood there and watched." ~ Unknown.

𝐁𝐫𝐮𝐢𝐬𝐞𝐬𝐋𝐞𝐰𝐢𝐬 𝐂𝐚𝐩𝐚𝐥𝐝𝐢

I've been holding on to hope
That you'll come back when you can find some peace
'Cause every word that I've heard spoken
Since you left feels like an hollow street

Los Angeles, California. 🇺🇸

M E A Z E Y

Delory sits back in her seat and taps the pen on the clipboard. Things had changed. I was no longer acting out. No longer fighting, causing trouble, and stressing out my parents. She observed Meazey's body language carefully, wanting to understand how she felt. It had been 6 months. My birthday had come and gone. Life was better for me. I had been happier and everyone around me noticed it. "What's it been like?" Delory questions,

Meazey shrugs. "It's been quiet. Things have been quiet. Time seems to be going by really fast. My mom is trying to decide if we were going to be moving to New York full time. I would be a little sad because I'll have to leave my friends behind there, but I would also be excited because would I get to see my friends in New York more often and I would get a change of scenery."

"Yeah. I bet that is exciting. Have you spoken to him or any of his friends?"

"No. I've kept myself far from him, and his friends. Last I heard of him, he was back in Germany now. So .. I don't have to worry about running into him. And I'll be in Switzerland during like the summer."

"I can't imagine it's easy."

"It's actually refreshing. I feel better. I feel more at peace. I feel happy and free. I like where I am in life currently and it's getting better and better. It's not completely easy but it's not hard either."

"That's a good sign. You're coping. It's like getting away from him is what you needed."

"But he didn't do anything."

"He did things to you in the past that caught up to him. Your brain can't forget the emotional distress he constantly put you through. And when things are starting to change, all those feelings are coming back up and reminding you not to get to comfortable. Even if he is really changing, that doesn't mean you have to stay around with him."

"I feel bad because I kind of left him behind."

"You didn't. If leaving him behind is what you feel in your heart is the right thing for you, then you are allowed to do that. Maybe one day you will reconnect and he will understand. Until then, you should continue to focus on yourself and continuing to get better."