i got lost in all the smoke

this chapter took me like 3 weeks for no reason 🤍 it was literally supposed to be out last weeks friday and the friday before that. but it's here now so enjoy it.

i'm gonna be editing 𝐒𝐓𝐑𝐀𝐈𝐍𝐄𝐃 the next few days so if you get any updates from that book, it's probably cause of that.

SEASON: Spring
| away from home

"When all you know is fight or flight, red flags and butterflies all feel the same."
~ Cindy Cherie

Bavaria, Germany. 🇩🇪

W Y M E R | M E A Z E Y

"You told me you would stop, Sven!" Ursula cried from downstairs in the foyer. Wymer stood upstairs in the hallway, just listening. "I did stop." Sven replies. "You did but now you're starting up again! And now it's worse! You're passing out on the doorstep, in the car, and you're going to brothels and spending €5,000 a fucking night!"

Dad is drinking again? "What I do with my money isn't your fucking business!" Sven yells. "It is when we have 3 kids to take care of!" Ursula argues back. "They aren't your kids! My boys, they're mine and mine only." Sven slurs, "I only have two kids and they take good care of themselves, unlike your fucking babied up daughter!"

"Take care of themselves, huh?! You leave Wymer to do everything for Wyler who is 11 and cannot take care of himself by the way. And Wymer is 16, he shouldn't be raising another child, Sven!"

"Nonsense. He wants to do that and he does."

Wymer rolls his eyes and turns around, stopping in his tracks when he sees Stefanie standing there with tears in her eyes. He didn't know what to feel while looking at her. He didn't feel anything at all, but he figured that the screaming wasn't something that she was used to and it must've been very overwhelming for her.

He glanced into Wyler's room, seeing that he was luckily asleep, before he walked up to a now wailing Stefanie, grabbing her hand and leading her into his room, locking the door behind of them. He
guided her to his bed, allowing her to sit. Then he
sat down in his chair and picked up his phone, trying his best to distract himself.

"They'll be tired out soon." He assured her.

Just then, a loud thump emitted from downstairs followed by a blood curdling scream, and Wymer swore he felt the floor shake. Stefanie was now terrified, her knees up to her chest and her body wracking with sobs.

Another thud and screamed followed, but nobody upstairs moved. Wymer took a deep breath, clearing feeling anxious. And Wyler, who was pretending to be asleep in his bed, lying in the fetal position and his eyes clenched shut. Then Stefanie who just sat on Wymer's bed and cried harder.

They could hear Sven screaming downstairs and Ursula crying out that she was sorry or for him to stop. None of them could tell. But they knew she was crying. And the thudding they were hearing, well, they only imagined what that insinuated.