- "only on the surface" -

SEASON: Fall
| away from home

"You can spend minutes, hours, days, weeks, or even months over-analyzing a situation; trying to put the pieces together, justifying what could've, would've happened ... or you can just leave the pieces on the floor and move on." ~ Tupac Shakur.

𝐏𝐚𝐬𝐬𝐞𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐫 — 𝐋𝐞𝐭 𝐇𝐞𝐫 𝐆𝗼

Well, you see her when you fall asleep
But never to touch and never to keep
'Cause you loved her too much, and you dived too deep

Manhattan, New York. 🇺🇸
x
Bavaria, Germany. 🇩🇪

M E A Z E Y | W Y M E R

On one side of the world, there she was. On the other side of the world, there he was. While she danced and laughed with her friends, he stood at the edge of a bridge with his hands in his pockets and his head held down with his hood over his head. The wind blew harshly against his face, nearly slapping him and making him wince. He pulled his phone out of his pocket and scrolls through all his notifications, hoping to see Meazey's name pop up somewhere. He eventually sighed when nothing exciting happened on his phone. So he dropped it on the ground behind him. He faces the ocean and takes a deep breath, holding onto the railings.

As he looked down into the dark and deep cold water, he shivered and his heart filled with fear. The kind of fear that he only felt when his father would confront him with violence. What's going to come after this? "I don't know." What about Wyler? "I don't know." How is he going to feel when he learns you jumped off the side of a bridge? "Stop it. I know what you're trying to do. Stop." What's going to happen to all the future children you want? They'll never exist if you're dead. "Stop." You can't marry Meazey if you're dead. She'll end up with another man, maybe Sebastian from the party, or Brandon, or Oskar.

"I SAID FUCKING STOP!" He steps away from the railings and shakes his head. You want to make her hurt like she hurt you. But killing yourself isn't going to hurt her. At least not the way you want to. She'll get over it eventually. Then she'll move on and she'll forget all about you. If you want to make her suffer, then you need to play nice. She's going back to Switzerland soon. While she's there, you can do whatever you want. "What the fuck do I do?"

He takes a deep breath and takes in his surroundings, then his sight lands on his car.

I will guide you when the time comes.

"Why should I even trust you?"

Because I am you.

Wymer sits in his car, still seemingly talking to himself. For a minute, he believes he's going crazy. He had heard this voice before. But now it had gotten stronger. It was truly like another person was living inside of his head, telling him things.

"No. I am me." You is me. Me is you. I'm the part of you that you deny. I'll stay hidden for as long as you want me to. But I'm still here. Don't forget that. Now drive us home. "The part of me that I deny? Why?"
Because you are afraid. Deep down, you're just a scarred and terrified little boy. You've always been. You wouldn't have the courage and strength you have now without me. "I hope you know this sounds crazy."