Chapter39:Drift

~Third Person POV~

It's been a week since Y/N became a Pro-Hero and a few days since Bakugou failed his licensure exam. Y/N's life became hectic, she visited UA early in the morning to drop off Kioshi since his school was still not open on those hours, she barely had time to do anything else. Y/N was going undercover too along with Hawks for the commission, she was under a different identity since she hid her ears and changed her hair color when she's undercover, one of the few unexpected perks of Y/N's now free quirk, with her disguise no one suspected her being a Pro since Hawks said that no one in the agency knew about him doing these kind of things.

Due to the fact that Y/N and Bakugou had lessened their time with each other, their significant other deprivation made them feel lonely even in the crowded streets of the city or the crowded UA halls. Messages were rarely sent or seen, They just felt like this wasn't going to work out as it should and it would only hurt them both.

Today, Y/N worked overtime so she was gonna pick up Kioshi in the UA dorms, that very same day was the day that Y/N and Keigo had a argument, Dabi was threatening them, after he left and both Pros arrived back at Y/N's place after they put their lives on the line both of them were yelling at each other for being so careless with their lives and words, Y/N placed a fake voice on the devices attached to Keigo's wings so they wouldn't be exposed, it was a excuse of Y/N as Alpha and having trust issues with their partnership as a cover-up. Keigo wasn't really the serious type but at that moment, he really wanted to keep her safe, Y/N's mother was one of the people that he saw as a mother figure so when he heard that she was murdered and left her kids behind, he swore to protect them, only Nighteye was aware of this fact and no else. He looked at Y/N and Kioshi like his little siblings so he didn't want anything happening to them. The two ended up getting physical, just a couple punches a shallow scratches on their arms and some on their faces. "Enough Keigo! We were both careless and that's final!" She yelled as she punched him, he staggered back and Y/N just took back her crystals that she placed over the devices, she walked out the place and went to go pick up Kioshi. She put a black mask on and pulled up the hood of her jacket to avoid public attention.

A few minutes later, she arrived at UA, the fact that she had a few marks left from the fight she and Keigo had slipped her mind and forgot to cover up the light scratches and bruises. It was only 7PM and she knocked at class 1-A's dorm, she didn't really expect a lot of students were in the first floor but she was wrong, almost everyone was there. "Dad, I'm here to pick up Kioshi!" She chimed as she entered the door "Y/N is here!" The girls chorused, she just bowed at them and walked to Aizawa's office "Dad?" She peeked in the office but she just saw her sibling's disappointed faces and Aizawa's stern look, He stood up and walked over to Y/N "You got into a fight?" He asked in a low tone that sent shivers up her back "I-It's not that bad, We just had a misunderstanding." She replied nervously "YOU FOUGHT!?" Aizawa said as he slammed the door to muffle their argument from her brothers, he thought that his students would be in their rooms but he didn't know they were still downstairs.

"It wasn't as serious as you thought-" Y/N's excuses were cut off when Aizawa pulled down her mask "That's not serious!?" Aizawa yelled at her "NO! Keigo looks much more worse!" She yelled back "That's not the point Y/N! Both of you and him placed your lives on the line! You fought! Your a Pro-Hero!" He exclaimed "We did it for a reason! We did because we were both pressured and having misunderstandings!" She tried to reason with him but he just scoffed "Your both gonna have to forgive each other after this." Aizawa said "There's nothing to forgive. Were both in the right mind to actually think that this was a petty misunderstanding." She scoffed "Kioshi is gonna stay with us until you both stop putting your lives at gun point." Aizawa said as he looked at his daughter in the eye and walked back to his office "Dad!?" She pleaded while knocking, tears spilled as she tried to convince him.

Keigo arrived at the dorms and immediately held Y/N "Y/N, I'm so sorry..." He said as he hugged her "Dad's gonna keep Kioshi..." Y/N mumbled and Keigo just sighed "He's doing it to keep us safe..." He reasoned.

~Bakugou's POV~

They seem close, too close.

"Damn Bakubro, Did you and Y/N already break up?" Shittyhair asked and I just glared at him "No we didn't Shittyhair!" I exclaimed but my heart sunk as I saw Y/N get carried away by that bird brain. I felt unreasonably angry. I put my food tray on the sink and went upstairs to my room. I came back downstairs for a glass of water only to see Y/N sitting outside on the porch, She was alone there, I went outside and sat beside her.

"Oi Fangs. What are you doing there?" I asked "Recovery Girl said to go back after 3 hours since I got treated." She sighed out "Hey... Kat?" She said while turning to me "What?" I asked "Do you like someone else?" She asked and I was confused as hell "HAH!?" I exclaimed "Nothing, I just saw you with Camie the other day and she told me something..." She mumbled while looking away 'Who tf is Camie?' I thought, Y/N suddenly hugged me and I hugged her back.

~Y/N's POV~

I've done a lot of thinking and I realized that the longer I stay around those people that I love, the more they'd be in danger because of my stupid mission. Me and Katsuki had been having mixed signals lately so It'll be better if we take a break... I saw her with Camie and I felt as if they'd be okay for each other. I can't keep him beside me because he'd be in danger. I need to let him go before I cause any trouble...

I wrap my arms around him and he hugs me back, My 3 hours is almost up. I look up at him and kissed him just one more time... I break the kiss, I couldn't help it but tear up a little... But it's for the better.

"You know I love you right?" I asked and he just raised an eyebrow "Of course I do-" "Do you still love me?" I cut him off "Y/N I love you more than anything. Where is all of this coming from?" He said while cupping my face, he wiped away my tears "Do you think were still okay?" I asked "We might be in the future, Right now, our focuses are different..." He said "Katsuki. I'm sorry..." I mumbled and kissed his forehead before getting up "It's too dangerous for you stay by my side at the moment. Take care of Kioshi for me okay?" I said while looking at him, A smile plastered on my face as tears spilled, I was about to walk away but he held my hand "Y/N what are you implying?" He asked "We should take a break from our relationship. It'll be easier to achieve our goals that way, once we will, we'll talk things through." I said as I took my hand out of his grasp, I looked back at him but he hugged me, he didn't want to let go. Tears fell down and I felt like my insides were being sucked in by a black hole.

"I love you." I said as I pushed him away and ran away. Keigo was waiting for me by the gate and when he saw me, we immediately took off, I told him about this and he told that it was my decision, whatever puts myself at ease. Katsuki kept calling me but I just ignored them, the commission gave me 2 days off and I used some of the left over duplication quirk to make my other identity to stay by Hawks.

I miss him so fucking bad. Katsuki.

-EDITED-

Word Count:1482