SCP 4: the real revelation

XXIV

3rd POV

Location: still lost on a tree

Although that Dream and Swap were on their way to find Ink, Paperjam, Palette, and Stain, Nightmare has already taken advantage of the situation.

Lost on the tree where the picnic should have taken place, the gang have incrusted themselves to their happy moment and taken them as hostages.

Under Cross and Dust surveillance, Ink was tied up with a piece of tape in his mouth. The smaller skeleton was looking down at nothing, white dots in his empty eyes lights, and almost unnoticeable tears present in his eye sockets.

He has been moved far away from the children and has been silently praying for their safety. He was far to know that Palette was supposed to be kept a secret from Nightmare. Dream and Swap have never mentioned it before and he was gnawed by guilt at the idea of his three years old children being hurt.

"Hey, take a pose" Dust exclaimed with a shit-eating grin. He lifts Ink's head brutally and takes a selfie with him, showing his teary eyes and miserable look.

"Who are you sending all of these photos?" asked Cross with a suspicious glare. The hooded skeleton ignored him, laughing like a maniac at their hostage's face on his phone's gallery. Cross snatches his phone away and went checking out his apps pages to the other apprehension.

"You are exchanging information with a Star?!" yelled the monochrome skeleton with a feeling of betrayal. Ink looks up at the two distracted skeletons, and profit to slowly crawl away from them. Gradually and unnoticeably.

At least, this is what he thought.

Meanwhile, with the other group, Nightmare eyed the crawling skeleton from far away, darkly chuckling at how worthless it was because he was already caught. He waited until Ink turned his face toward him, so he could see how disappointed he was to find out that he wasn't going anywhere from him and him only.

"Mph" mumbled in a determined tone the tied skeleton still with the piece of tape on his mouth. And with a frown, he starts crawling elsewhere, amusing Nightmare even more as he tried to hold back his laugh.

If curiosity got the better of you, the children are safe.

As curious as it seems, Palette has been playing on one of Nightmare's tendrils, without the older's permission, he has to admit that Palette and Dream, when he was a child, were almost identical, if the child would also look like him physically, Nightmare would have probably snapped at the child for triggering unwanted memories from his dead self.

On his side, Stain was secretly drawing a portrait of his father, only using black ink as he has always preferred, it sure was going to catch the eyes of many.

And last but not least, Paperjam was staring at Error. The glitchy skeleton has taken every sweet food that contains chocolate from the basket, with Horror's help, and was selfishly eating in front of him.

Yeah of course we all know what happened next, Paperjam started crying because Error was eating his favorite snack, and in a feeling of panic, he begins to glitch badly as he was stacking chocolate in front of the crying child.

(I got vibes from fnaf 4)

Cross and Dust stop their bickering after a lack of quiet sobbing from their hostages and immediately started to panic when Ink wasn't where they had left him before.