SCP 17: Welcome home, Gradient

XXXX?¿

TW: nothing but some angst, fluff, and some good fucking smut—

Just kidding, sorry.💔

I know you guys will love Error, our favorite manchild at the end of the chapter, I know you will.

I know it
I hear it
I smell it

Location because it's been so long: Starbase

It took a while for him to comprehend the information that Ink just gave him.

At first, he didn't even try to believe it as he thought that he had some serious mental illness, but the more he explained, the more he started to believe in what Ink was explaining.

And he wasn't less furious at all.

Here were his first impressions of the new Ink during the time he talk to him before; nice, a good parent, too merciful, good chef, lunatic, and a softy. Over time, and between the incident that happened dozen minutes ago, he realized that Ink was mainly a fool, an idiot, and a damn pushover who is easy to overcome and influence.

Sitting on the couch of the living room, the small skeleton looks at the taller with fear and panic in the eyes, his rainbow tears still there in his puffy eyes, and his body still clenched together under his arms, resting on the armchair. He wasn't looking less miserable than before.

"Are you... mad at me?" The taller raised his head and looks at him dead in the eyes, a scowl soon forming as he thought of one way to repress his rage and frustration toward this dumb question. "Please... say something..." Ink begged and looked down pitifully, biting his index in frustration and once again, avoiding the other's pressing stare.

He didn't know how to react nor what to say, it had seemed so logical for him to be mad and upset, what if he did die and that asshole came back to ruin everyone's life? Who would save them?

"Of course I'm mad, what do you think??" Yelled Error in hostility at the smaller. The other kept avoiding the fury in his eyes, trembling more as he heard Error moving toward him. The angry tone full of wrath made him remember Dream the first time they meet and fought, a sudden flashback of when he attacked and strangle him made him feared his situation more.

"I'm so sorry..." He couldn't contain his tears as more fall down on his cheeks, a hand placing in front of his mouth as he tried to suppress his sobs and sniffs. The taller widen his eyes as he instantly felt bad for scaring him and making him cry again.

"I-Ink?" The couch shifts in weight as Error crawled toward Ink, grabbing his shoulders tenderly while sighing tiredly. "I'm not mad at you... I'm mad at him, so stop listening to that damn bastard for good and get rid of that idea of saving him, he doesn't deserve it."

"But Error—"

"There's no but, WE will get rid of him TOGETHER and until OUR problem isn't solved, I won't let you out of my sight until I said so." He wiped his tears away with a shaky nod and smiled slightly, looking tenderly at Error's determined eyes lights, feeling his body and face warming at the other words.

"Did I made myself clear?" Ink hugged him in answer, startling the other by the sudden contact. He looks down on him and sighed again, patting his head like a cat.

"Now... Please change, you're all bloody and I have something to snatch away from someone's hands."

[...]

Time skip: 30 minutes later
Location: Ink's bedroom

He throws what was once supposed to be his white shirt across the room, on the untouched bed, and grabbed a different shirt colored in black from the messy closet that Ink didn't even try to arrange because of something called "laziness".

He also switched his brown wide pant with its green braces into a thinner and longer trousers. Ink was surprised to see how much brown clothes there were inside of the dresser, it was captivating and intriguing.

The small skeleton looks at himself in the mirror, eyeing each inked bone of his ribcage and limbs, not having given any particular attention to these odd patterns before. He found them curious as he always wondered if he could decipher the code of this body.

"Why are you so damn slow..." Ink jerked and turned around suddenly to see Error back from his business but inside of his room, laying on his bed and holding a blue fabric in his arms. He blushed brightly and hide himself behind the door of the closet, frowning before remembering that he has already seen him changed before.

"Error–"

"Anyway, how would you like to call it?" He blinks one or two times before processing the question. A dumbfounded look appeared on his face as he stared at Error than at the blue fabric held tightly in his hands. He catches it moving slightly with two hands, the size of a babybone, extending to reach Error's end of the blue scarf. Ink watches with a curious look as Error sighed (aGaIn) and sacrifices his finger for the child to catch and play with it.

"Is this what I think it is?" He raised his head to found Ink, sitting on the bed and crawling toward the babybone. He sent him a blank stare and lift him in the air in a Symba way.

"Tada, your pregnancy problem is fixed," he said unenthusiastically, letting the other hold the babybone in his arms, a large smile appearing on his face.

Black bones, blue tattoos on his cheeks, glitches patterns, and multicolored facial traits, it was him, this was Gradient.

When he looks at him being so happy, he couldn't help but smile slightly. It sure wasn't common for him to do so but he can find some exceptions.

"You're such a mom... I can't understand you, weirdo" Ink frown and crawl back toward the destroyer with big moves, settling on the bed beside him while taking attention that the babybone wasn't shaking by holding his skull protectively.

"How can you not like such a cute and adorable babybone?" He snickered at the other's glare and move his fingers to poke Ink's forehead. "Hey!" The two of them began laughing while combatting with Ink's plushes and pillows, Error's annoying pokes and strings, and maybe a bit of Ink pushing Error away from him with some kicks.

"You dork, watch out, lil Gradient could get hurt" Error stopped the play and looks at Ink with attention, a smirk suddenly forming on his face.

"Gradient? Cool name for a bra—"

"Cool name for a brave little boy, sassy windows vista" Ink wasn't gonna die today, he kicked Error away from the bed and jump out of it, hurrying at the door to escape the glitchy— destroyer.

"What did you call me?! Wait until I catch you!"

"So... Is my best Broosky dating my bro or nah?"