Who cares?

XXXI

TW: Changes of the cover (image by Jakey from Underverse, small edit of Ink's face by me) and welcome into a non-serious chapter that has no violence but only softy soft drama. (can you even call this a drama?)

3rd POV

Previously, almost twenty days ago...

"Shady! dude, ya know yer my radical dawgs, there are some super un-fresh danger u gotta watch for with yer homeys" The smaller looks at the taller in confusion, not knowing what to say, and looked around in discomfort. Fresh smiles as he waited for any reaction from the other, letting an awkward silence slip into the conversation.

The silence was quite long and annoying for the smaller, having the taller staring down at him was somehow, vexing but after quite some time, Ink restarted the discussion, fidgeting with his fingers.

"Homeys... you mean Swap and Dream? Did they get themselves in trouble?" He asked as he looked back at Fresh who was starring at the pretty view of the Doodle Sphere. The taller looks back down at him with the same smile, his glasses changing to"..." to "YOLO".

"Yadda yadda yadda, they're waitin' for ya in da un-rad crib, don't throw down urself, this really a bummer yo. Aiight peace out!"

(Bet you forgot about this part of the Fresh chapter :) )

Fresh poses his pair of glasses beside him and lays his back down on the old-fashioned sofa. He doesn't remember how long it has been, one week? maybe two or three...

No, it has been nineteen days since then.

The parasite was resting, inside of an old base of the Star's Sans, thinking about Ink, Error, Dream, and Nightmare's changes of behavior. The most remarkable was Ink, obviously, it has been revealed that he was no longer soulless but was now 'amnesiac'. Of course, he wasn't aware that it was a fake profile that only Error knew about, it has its perks to be as observant as him, after all, this is how Fresh grew observant, it was thanks to his older brother.

He was there when the Stars and NM's Fanclub have made their deals about keeping it as a secret to the whole multiverse, and everyone close to the smaller guardian, such as Top!Gaster, Zephyr, and his ghost friends.

What is he thinking? no one knows about his ghost friends... but him and Error.

If it were for information and gossiping about the protectors, guardians, out-codes, entities, deities, and gods, the best people who could answer at any of those curious demands were either Bill Cypher, who's being quite busy with some deals, Core!Frisk, who wouldn't say anything unless it's harmless, Hate Sans, who either won't tell you or he would ask you something twisted in exchange, and Fresh, who doesn't share any secrets for 'survival' purposes.

They are not the only ones, obviously, they are just the most known and accurate in their information. Although that no one knows him enough but his closes friends and family, Error really knows how to hide everything from everyone, this unproclaimed destroyer of universes is keeping so many secrets and information that it could end the multiverse. He was older than everyone, even older than Fresh and Geno, after all, he must have seen hundreds of thousands of things that don't surprise him anymore, he might have seen a supernova for all we know.

It sure was a shame to keep everything for himself, maybe in the near future, he will tell his history to his son, Paperjam, when he will be old enough to understand things.

"... When will I be able to go back to the omega timeline..?" asked a tired voice that sat two meters away from the parasite, at the edge of the couch. The owner of this voice was a young skeleton, in the earlier stage of his adolescence, also known as the missing skeleton, Chaser.

"Not so soon, brooskie" The smaller frown and turned his head away, slightly pouting.

"But you promised me that it wouldn't be longer than a day... and it has been four's..." Does Fresh looks like the type of person to care for anyone? No.
Does Fresh holds his promises? Nope, he's still a Sans after all, but with a parasite in control.

"Ya know, if ye wouldn't have believed my bunk beards, ya wouldn't be there"

"Pff... Yeah yeah, I get it... What's your plan anyway cutie?" Fresh sat back up and turned his head at the teenager.

His first plan was wasted nineteen days ago, when Ink didn't fall into his trap, he tried to convince his brother to help him the following day, but he was interrupted by Error's job, when Ink had created a massive AU called 'Underdrama'. Clueless about how he possibly could get in contact with Ink, he recalled that Geno was one of the unalive members of the Star's organization, where Dream, Swap, and Ink were the three main leaders. But after his little brother told him that Ink wasn't gonna participate in any meetings until Dream said so, he immediately assumed that he was kicked out or rejected.

"I don' wanna get into da piggy but 'need him for a lil somethin', n when it's cashed, everythin' will be dope" Chaser took a moment to understand what he said, starting to think that Fresh really need a translator placed on his shades or hat but once he mainly gets the meaning of his sentence, he frowns a bonebrow of disturbance and disbelief.

"You didn't get a kid with him, right?" He asked with a deeper frown.

Fresh's grin faltered as he looked at the teenager with no emotions in his expression, his exposed eyes socket showing, once again, the parasite inside of his skull. Chaser began to looks at him with skepticism, the silence becoming heavy and way too long to be some sort of empty subject.

"Pff..." The taller place his hand in front of his mouth and started laughing like a crazy guy, his position shifting from sitting into a back to the ground with the arms holding his stomach. He looks at him confused, his green eyes drifting away as he awkwardly laughs to not sound weird in a sense.

"Ya be trippin' fool!"

"I thought for one second that you had a child with him..." He said with a small voice as he start staring at the pair of glasses posed beside the colorful skeleton.

"Not so much, I haven't seen the kid since then... anyways!" Chaser turned his head at the taller suddenly, his two bells ringing in unison as Fresh grabbed his glasses and places them back on his nose. Fresh was almost the most known in the multiverse and him having a child would have been a scandal from everyone's point of view. He wonders if he got rids of them because of those consequences, that would be cruel but if he's soulless like his boss...

"So you...  Had a child?"

"Chill out, he's old now, and who cares?"

"But anyway, why are you sequestering me?! my new boss' gonna get mad!" Yelled the teenager as he stood upon his feet from the old-fashioned couch.

"1) reason and 2), Ink is no longer your boss, Dream replaced him." The voice was husky and deep, and his choice of words was rather different than his usual's.

"Pa' Dream?"

(okay, no Chaser is not related to Dream but the Guardian acts like a dad to him or everyone for that matter...)