The truth and the coming back

TW: a bit of Errorink, and Drink moments on this chapter

3rd pov

There were the code-bone that had started to dissolve since last time in Ink's right hand and the screen-code that he somehow found back after its sudden disappearance, in his left hand. On his feet, floating above the ground of the Do0dle Sphere, was the completely regenerated soul he obtained after slicing his in half, patiently waiting for it to be sent into a vessel for it to exist.

Ink slightly grimace at the mere recall of that time when he stabs himself for someone who potentially does not deserve it. But as much he believed that the ancient Ink did not earn to be back, he was impatient for him to take his role back, and with the help of Error who was sitting on a gathering of strings just beside him, he will finally be able to get rid of this responsibility.

-Hey Error, are you sure you're okay with it? Asked the guardian as he let go of the bone to dissipate into the mass of codes of the multiverse. Error stayed silent for a while, swinging himself on the strings like a swing, glaring down on what will be his rival's soul.

-I mean, you told me that you were glad that he wasn't here anymore—

-I did say that, but I think we will need a better guardian than you. To anyone around listening, it would have sounded rude and harsh, but Ink knew that it was true and was completely agreeing with Error.

Finally, Error get off of the swing-like strings and step closer to Ink, placing a hand on his shoulder, he shuddered slightly at the weird feeling but proceed to keep his hand here.

-You're a poor ass of a guardian so be a creator instead, that's the best job for you. He said with a discreet smile.

As if what Error said was easy, Ink began chuckling silently, turning back to face him with a large grin and a playful glare. Error seems to get the message and grabs Ink's cheeks with a smirk.

-Look at you with those puffy cheeks, stop worrying and let's work onto bringing that damn bastard back—

-Language Error! This made the destroyer wheeze loudly and the 'creator' look more ridiculous with his face being squeezed with his big hands.

-Okay but seriously— Ink turned back to stare at the soul and let Error step back a bit from him.

-I'm very nervous about their reaction, knowing that everything was just a...lie, Ink closed his eyes in self-disappointment and turned his head back down in a shameful way. It was obvious what was going to happen, once they'll know, they will hate him for not having said the truth, avoid him, and try to even forget him as nothing happened.

-Technically, you didn't lie, ...but you didn't tell the truth either. They just assumed what happened as it was more logical for him to have amnesia rather than being replaced by another being. He felt two hands tightly gripping his shoulders, not that he minded but the feeling was giving him a lot of shivers, and he wasn't going to say anything as he didn't want Error to know he was ticklish.

Believe him, it kills for them to know.

-Thanks Error, Ink whispered loud enough for him to hear. He gave off a small smile as he looks back at him, his cheeks unconsciously turning hotter with a visible hue. Error took notice of it and gagged in embarrassment, laughing and coughing at the same time in front of the smaller as he didn't understand what was happening.