Chapter 14

"What do we do with her, General?"

"Leave her, she'll wake. All we have to do is wait for that pig to come with the news that Zuko died" he smiled.

My head was pounding. My body was bruised from the way they just carelessly threw my body on the ground.

"Zuko? Dead?" the man said. I saw Ghao from the shadows, the light hitting half of his face.

"Yes, I've sent men to kill him but with to make sure Iroh is alive to serve me and maybe I can make this one..."

The door flew open with a soldier "General! Iroh is here to speak with you!"

"There he is" he evilly smirked "Send him in"

Ghao walked around his desk and sat himself down to look like he was working, completely calm.

The soldier picked me up and put me in the dark room next to his. Only one candle flickered.

I heard the metal open in the other room "Iroh? Are you alright?"

I can hear Iroh hesitate "General..... I ..... I....." I can hear him start tearing up.

"It's Zuko.... he's gone" he cried "My son.... and now my lovely nephew is gone. I can't even find my daughter" he cried.

Gone? No, no, no, no! Zuko! I can feel tears go down to the rag that tied my mouth.

I'm sorry Zuko. I was being a total jerk to you. I never told you how I felt.

"Don't worry about Kusaki. I've sent in some guards" Ghao walked over to Iroh to comfort him.

"If only.... I..." he cried more. Ghao told him something I couldn't hear but I can feel his smirk from here.

No, I looked over to my right and started a fire in my hands that burnt the rope.

I took off the rag and licked my dry lips. I wiped my tears and walked out of the room.

One of the body guards grabbed me "Stay back" he said with a voice like Zukos but deeper.

The hands that touched my skin seemed familiar but I ignored it.

"No! No! Dad! Zuko!!!"