Chapter 3: The Avatar

Heyo guys! This book is going to be so good!

I can't wait to write what I have in mind!

Enjoy! ^-^

-----------------------

No more darkness. No. Instead I see light. I can feel my eyes fluttering. I open my eyes and I look around. I see darkness again. It was probably the middle of the night.

I then hear some footsteps. I didn't see anyone "Kusaki, your awake" he says. It's a deep voice, it sounded familiar "D-Dad?" I mutter. He chuckles "Kusaki, it's a shame your father passed. I was really beginning to like him" he says

My eyes get wider. I notice in the dark shadow, it was Ozai. I can see his muscular figure , long hair and his crown that is shaped like fire. I feel him brushing my hair "what do you mean you were beginning to like him" I say weakly.

He ignores what I said and brushes my hair with his fingers. I try back away but I feel a shock of pain come "Hsssss" I hiss in pain "Kusaki, I'm truly sorry for hurting you. I feel like I hurt my own daughter" he says.

I move my head away "Yes but you can hurt your son" I say angrily. He moves his hand back "He was getting punished" I can hear the anger in his voice. I scoff and try to see something.

Then a spark of fire comes on. I turn my head to the right and I see Ozai who turned on a small candle "What did he do?" I ask softly. Ozai looks at me "He spoke over a very important meeting" he says.

I know that is a very dumb reason to do that to him but I'm guessing to Ozai it's a big deal. I then hear someone breathing on the left. I turned and saw Zuko. I couldn't really see his face because it was covered.

I can see the burn scars at the end of the bandage. Ozai grabs my chin and moves my head towards him "Kusaki, instead of you being my new servant. I'm banishing Zuko, so you will be stuck with him out there also" Ozai says with a evil smile on his face.

My eyes wasn't surprised. I look down and nod "That's a good girl, by the time you and Zuko feel better with your.... Burns. You will leave with his uncle and a ship with soldiers" he backs away.

I looked at him with confusion "Leave? Why?" I ask. He laughs "To catch the avatar" he simply says with a deep voice. I look at him like he was crazy "Ozai, there is no avatar in this world or even Airbender.... How can there be an avatar?" I ask

He sighs "There has been sightings and beliefs into he has been the last avatar. That is where you and Zuko come in to defeat him" he says. I look down again "Alright, w-where is my father? Where is he laid?" I ask thinking about him.

Ozai walks away a little "His body was cremated and dumped in the ocean" he smiles. ,y eyes jump and try to stand up but the pain comes to me again "What? I-I didn't even get to see him for the last time... Why?!" I cry out.

"It's better to see him last alive, then dead" Ozai says walking away. I lay my head back on my pillow and feel some tears come out. I can't believe this. I hear Zuko muteter something.

I look at him "Mom?......" He whispers. My eyes turn sad to think he was thinking if his mom after her disappearance. He always dreamed about her. I look away and sigh. To think that the avatar is coming back is crazy.

Why does Ozai want him dead. He is good. I look at the candle and blow it out with my breath. I wasn't that far from me. I close my eyes and fall back asleep.

////////// 3 YEARS LATER ///////////

I was serving Iroh some tea. It was pretty cold "Thank you, daughter" he says. I smile "Your welcome father" I say softly.