Chapter 23

We had brought Iroh to a torn house in the middle of the dessert.

Zuko stayed silent as I wrapped Iroh. He felt guilty about this. It wasn't that bad but Iroh was everything to Zuko.

"Almost done" I whispered. Looking at Zuko for a reaction but he just looked down.

I finished and laid Iroh down "He's feeling pretty  good, you know, Zuko" I said not looking at towards Zuko.

I tapped Iroh's belly and smiled at Zuko "The big guy can eat a whole crocodile, I'm sure he can gobble Azula's fire"

Zuko looked at me with worried eyes as he was guilty sitting on the floor.

"Zuko..." I said. I wanted to tell him something but he would feel the same. He picked his head up "Can you make him tea?" I smiled.

Zuko nodded and went out to do the whole tea. We didn't have a pots so he had to do it the way Iroh would teach him.

I looked at Iroh and laid on his belly. It was still moving. Nothing seemed weird.

I smelt the burning skin through his wrap. I got the tea I made this morning and I put it up to his nose. His eyes fluttered "mmmm Kusaki" he whispered weakly.

Zuko still making tea. Even though I made some this morning, I just wanted him to have his mind off of this.

I smiled and put the tea down "I knew you'd be alive, old man" he looked at me "I'm getting old Kusaki, what a shame. Help me up"

I stood up and grabbed his hand. So he could sit up but it was a painful while to do so.

"W-Where's Zuko?"

Zuko was at the door staring at us. He ran to Iroh and hugged him, carefully.

Iroh laughed and patted his head "I can see you haven't taken a shower, my boy" Zuko looked at him, teary eyed.

"Zuko let him breath a little" I said.

He stood back "Uncle, I was thinking I need to know how to deal with lightning. I am weak compared to anyone else. You taught Kusaki, why not me?"

Iroh closed his eyes. While I served him tea, he drank and looked at Zuko "Zuko I don't want you to hurt yourself"

"I can handle myself Uncle! I need to learn!" Zuko shouted.

Iroh sighed "I will teach you but we will learn the statistics first. Alright?"

Zuko smiled widely and stood up "So we learn today?!"

Iroh looked at me "Kusaki, pull me up" I stood up. Pulling Iroh up while he grunted in pain"We learn today!"

-----------

We were outside, I sat down watching Iroh talking and teaching Zuko.

It was kinda cute seeing him learn and stuff. It made me see him has a little boy. Following his mom around, learning from his mom.

I felt the ground rumble. I looked around. I forgot we were in a bad area to be. Earth benders can attack us anytime.

I looked at Iroh and Zuko and saw that they were fine. I slowly walked away, looking around for any type of disturbance on the ground.

The sun was heating up. I needed to find some more water before sun down anyways.

Feeling the rumble again, I walked towards where I thought it was coming from. Even though it's stupid to go alone and find out myself.

The ground shook more and closer. I heard someone talking. A girl?

"Stupid" THUMP "Stupid" THUMP "Stupid little twinkle toes" THUMP.