Chapter 21

After the day that everything happened. We went three days without money and searching for food and shelter.

Which we got here and there but Zuko couldn't bear it.

He had a lot on his mind.

/////FLASHBACK/////

"I'm tired of not being treated right... I... don't belong.... like if I'm nothing... I need to go on my own, by myself"

I looked at him worried "Zuko let me go with-"

Zuko have me scowling eyes and turned around "I'm sorry"

He got his bag and stated walking away but Iroh got the animal we've been using for transportation and gave it to him.

Zuko smiled "Thank you, uncle" then he looked at me "I'll make it up to you Kusaki" he said as he was leaving.

I tried going to him but Iroh grabbed me before I could and cried.

///////////////

Iroh woke up in the morning to eat and make tea. In the morning he always hummed a song.

"Morning, pops" I smiled lightly and poured myself a tea. Iroh looked at me and smiled "Morning Kusaki, good night sleep?"

I shrugged "I guess you can say" I drank my tea "Kusaki... I know it's hard but he will come back" Iroh sighed.

"How do you know? You know how stubborn and hard headed Zuko is" I pouted.

Iroh smiled "I know he will" as he said that I heard something. Iroh did too and went towards a rock that was behind us.

Iroh tried listening then a rock came in and hit him right one the- "My butt!" Iroh wined.

I jumped and threw fire "Who's there?!" I shouted. Those earth benders hate us. I saw a rock covering a girl.

"I'm so sorry...." I stopped my balance "Are you alright?"

The girl with black hair, earth nation clothes, was bear footed and her eyes were blank. She was blind "Your lucky I'm too sleep to fight!" She shouted.

I laughed "I'm honestly sorry"

She jumped and stepped back "Your a fire bender?!" She got angry. I held my hand up "Wait no... I'm not an enemy" I smiled.

She stood up and nodded "Okay good" she simply said. She knows I'm not lying?

"Would you like some tea?" Iroh asked as I was pouring tea. She nodded and sat down.

"What's your name?" I asked. The girl didn't look at me while I have her the tea but she grabbed it "Toph" she said as she sipped.

I smiled "That's a name that suits an earth bender"

She looked at me "What's that supposed to mean?" I looked worried "Nothing...I need to get sticks for the fire..." I tippy toed my way out.

I went into the woods and tried to find the sticks. The biggest one and the smallest but in the distance I heard something.

I ran towards the sound and saw Katara and Sokka tied up. Why do we always see each other when they're in trouble?!