Chapter 25

I'm back guys! For sure and will update as soon as I can! I need to know people are still reading though. Please comment some hearts as you finish reading. Thanks! 💛

——————-

The day was starting. It was pretty busy in the tea shop. Everyone would come and taste our great tea that uncle brewed. I would serve the costumers and today was so busy that our manager had to be in the store.
Zuko looked pissed at this time. I didn't know why and I was not really in the mood to ask him why. Though, I did feel bad for my carelessness.
We had so many people in the store and maybe that was the reason of Zuko's attitude. He wasn't very social. And a lot of men were in the store. Three men in particular caught my eye. Dressed pretty wealthy and kept asking for tea.
The man with long hair, which was braided, smiled greatly and as he finished his tea, he slammed the cup on the table and stood up "Sweet girl, do you mind telling me who makes the tea?" He asked. I smiled and served him another, as I assumed he'd want "My uncle brews this lovely tea, sir"
The man looked around "Who is your uncle?" And as he looked around my uncle was pretty much behind him "Yes sir?" The man looked at him and smiled "Sir, how would you like to have your own tea shop in the upper ring?" Uncle smiled happily and the manager came up to the man "Are you trying to take my tea maker?" The man ignored the manager and back at uncle "Let me add a free apartment with that"
Uncle smiled and agreed. He was so proud of himself and I started hugging uncle. He laughed "I am getting my own tea shop!" He looked at Zuko "Zuko doesn't that sound exciting?!" Zuko having his attitude looked down and continued to walk "I am filled with joy" he put the tea down and looked outside.
As the men and my uncle kept talking. I went to get the batch of tea Zuko put down and served the costumers he had. I went to the back to put the tea down really quick. Quickly, going outside. As I was outside I couldn't find Zuko. I looked left and right. Where could he have gone? As I looked I saw a paper fall from the sky. A picture of the bison that Aang had. Oppa? Appa? What was the name of it again? It was missing.
I saw more papers fall from the sky and I looked up to see Zuko on top of the tea store "Zuko, what are you doing?!" I shouted. He looked down and started to climb down "Kusaki, don't you see? This is my chance to get the avatar, to gain my destiny and my honor back!" He said happily "Zuko, uncle just got a tea shop and a free apartment. And this is what you're happy about?" Zuko was looking at the paper "Maybe if I just found the bison, it will lure the avatar to come to me. I'll keep the bison as bait! And capture the avatar"

———-

     We were home. I was still angry about what Zuko was saying. He was non-stop talking about how he could capture the avatar and gain his spot again as prince in the fire nation. I understand that he wants his spot back but maybe if he just-
     "Uncle!" Zuko came in, he sounded a little excited "Look, the avatar is in town! His bison is missing, maybe we can find the bison before he does and then we use him as bait for the avatar and then we get the avatar" Uncle was finishing his tea and put it down slowly "Zuko, why do you wanna capture the avatar so badly?"
     "TO GET MY HONOR BACK!" Zuko shouted. Although Zuko looked upset, I could see the pain he had. Ever since he was young, that's all he ever wanted "You think getting a tea shop and having a free apartment is what I want in life?" Zuko said slightly calming down but still angry. "What is wrong with peace and prosperity?" Uncle asked "Is that what you want or what someone else taught you to want?"
     Zuko stayed quiet. It was a good question. He didn't want to capture the avatar. What he really want to capture was the same love and respect Azula grabs from everyone in the fire nation and most importantly, His father. Zuko ran off and slammed the door to his room.
     I ran quickly to his room. I saw Zuko on his bed sitting up, leaving against the wall. He had his knee up and his arm resting on it while he was playing with a small fire "Zuko?" I said gently. He ignored me and looked down "I just want my life back" he whispered. I knew he wanted to cry but he didn't want to show it. I sat next to him. He looked down and covered his face with his arm.
     "I just want to have the respect and give the expectations that my father want... that the fire nation want" he said. I touched his arm so he can put it down. I touched his hair and started brushing his hair with my fingers "Zuko, what Uncle is trying to say.... is.... is that really what you want? Or is that what your father wants? Uncle just wants you to have a good life. He wants you to be happy" I said.
     Hoping that could put some sense into him. He just nodded. He pulled himself forward so he could lay down. He looked at me and then looked away. He wanted something. "What is it Zuko?" I slightly smiled "Can you lay with me till I fall asleep?" He asked quietly. I nodded "Of course, prince Zuko" I joked. He scoffed and hugged me as we laid down.
      I loved Zuko. I just hoped one day he can realize what he wants. What he truly will gain. What he wants for the future.

————————

I fell asleep.

I woke up to a noise I heard in my ear.

I didn't feel Zuko next to me.

I freaked out and woke up. I went quickly to the living room and saw Uncle sitting up with his tea. Zuko has his head laid on Uncle's lap. Zuko was also laying down wearing all black. I looked at Uncle in confusion. He looked at me and said "It was a long night"