Chapter 8

I'm sorry for last chapters disturbance

But I hope I satisfy you with this chapter

Hope you like!

------------------

"Kusaki" a voice whispers. A voice that sounded warm and sweet. A voice that sounded familiar. A woman's voice echoed back "Kusaki" I heard again. The voice faintly went away and came back "Wake up"

My eyes fluttered. My eyes opened trying to focus on the ceiling. I saw the red ceiling. I heard the fire flicker. The fire had the red appearance which made the walls red.

I brought my head up and heard distant talking. I got up from the bed and felt 2 pains pounding. One in my head and another was more like a sting. I face palmed my head and looked at my stomach.

My stomach was wrapped with bandages. I saw a little dark red spot on the bandage. I was bleeding? I pull the bandage away from my stomach. I saw the scar. It looked like Zuko's but bigger.

My head pounds again with the memory of what happened. The thunder that I heard was coming towards the boat. I got in my stance to catch the lightning and when I did my stomach somehow caught it.

Iroh always said for me to watch when I try to light bend. Because even lightning can go into your heart if your not careful. I look around and then back at me.

I was wearing a short shirt that didn't cover my stomach and some baggy pants that tighten to my ankles. I looked over on the side of the bed to check for my shoes. My pointed shows were nicely set.

I move my legs to the side of the bed. I hissed in pain as I did my action. I slowly put my shoes on and stand up weakly. Almost losing balance and I cover my stomach.

I felt like hell. The sting of the cuts kept hurting me. I walked quickly towards the metal door and put my weight against the cold wall. I turned my door which made a sound of two swords hitting each other, it echoed through the hallways.

I heard the voices still talk. I couldn't exactly hear anything but I can see two soldiers standing beside someone. I still had me against the wall and walked weakly towards them.

I finally got up to them and saw them all stare at me "I don't want anyone else to find the avatar but me! Get out!" Zuko shouted pointing towards me as I walked in.

His eyes jumped and ran to me "Kusaki!" He said grabbing my waist softly. I saw Iroh playing with his chips and he also ran to help me. They both sat me down and felt the pain again.

"Kusaki, are you ok?" Iroh asks. I look up at him weakly smiling "I'm fine, the pain keeps hurting me" I say stammering

"That is what you get for light bending, what did I tell you ab-" Iroh stopped

He was opening my bandages and he had a worried look on his face "What?" I say looking down "Zuko, Kusaki's scar is infected" he sighs

Zuko grunts in anger "Why didn't we change her bandages?!" He shouts at Iroh. Iroh ignored him and was specifying the scar

Zuko shot his head to me "What the hell were you thinking, Kusaki?!" He shouts angrily.

I look down and then look back at him "The lightning was going to hit the boat and I didn't want the ship to get wre- "

"Don't say you did it for such a stupid reason" he shouts looking up "How can you be stupid?! You could've died!"

"Enough!" Iroh demands "Zuko, Kusaki just woke up, I don't think she wants to hear about her decisions" he says looking at him.

Zuko grunts and walks out. Iroh looks back at the bandages "He has been more angrier then ever before, it seems like when you are gone, he's gone also"

I looked down feeling ashamed "I'm so stupid" I sigh "No, no daughter, I will not let you get yourself down. Everyone makes mistakes" he says

He smiles and looks up at me "Now you can cook me that great fish and tea you make" he smiles. Iroh look behind him and sees a guard "Get her back to her room" he looks at me "I'll change your bandages, right now you still need to rest"

++++++

I laid there all day. I ate there and everything. My bandages were still not changed. Here I am acting like a baby with a dirty diaper.

I saw the door open and I waited to see Iroh. I saw Zuko instead. He came in with a guilty face.

I turned my head to the left. Looking at the wall "Kusaki, I'm sorry" he says softly. I still don't look at him "If your not gonna forgive me, then don't get mad because I have to change your bandages" he says walking to my night stand in the right.

He opens the night stand and bring outs a first aid kit "I know I was being a real jerk and I'm sorry. It's cause I was really worried about you. I should've told you not to do light bending..... I'm sorry" he sighs.

I look at him and give him a fake serious face "What did you say?" I say highly. Zuko sighs and smiles. He gets up from his chair and bows "My Queen, I'm very, truly, sorry for acting like a total jerk, forgive me" he says

I nod "Very well" I smile. Zuko laughed a little and sat back down "You still make me say sorry like that" he says.

I laugh "Of course I would" I say. Zuko laughs and faintly goes away as he comes to me and picks me up from the bed. He puts my back against the pillow.

"I'm going to unwrap your bandages, I'm sorry if I hurt you" he say softly putting his hands and unwraps it around my stomach.

He finally reached me stomach and looked at it with horror. It had a dark maroon and purple color and a few gross things around it "I hate that I'm seeing you like this" he says softly.

"It's alright, keep going to get this over with.... So what's going on? What did I miss?" I ask looking at him as he daps me with alcohol. I hiss with pain when the stings hits my cut.

"Apparently, General Ghao has been promoted to find the avatar. My father trust him into catching the avatar, instead of me" he says sadly.

"Zuko, don't bring yourself down for that" I say looking at him

"I wish those words helped me but I heard Ghao already got him" he said sadly. He sighed and grabbed the roll of bandages.

"That's why I wanted to tell you something" he said

I look at him with concern "What?" I say softly

"Tonight I'm going to free the avatar, I don't want Ghao to have him...."

"What? Zuko you want to get yourself killed?!" I ask shouting. Zuko ignored me and wrapped the new bandage around me and clipped it "I didn't say that when you light bended" he said

I looks down "Fine, I swear if you don't-"

"I'll be ok, besides, the avatar will be on my side.... For now" he clicks the first aid kit into my night stand.

I look at him as he sets me down back on the bed "I'll see you tomorrow, don't worry" he says as he kisses my forehead.

As he took little steps away, I pulled his arm towards me and kissed him. I felt his warmness on my lip and we got in the moment.

I let go and looked down, blushing. Zuko smiled and left the room.

Dang it.

I lay back on the bed, feeling my lips.

I kissed him.