Hello again

Third person POV

Rin has been acting weird lately, Miku had noticed. She was less... Happy... and less energetic than usual. She was also very quite now a days and Miku wasn't sure what was going on with her.

They were currently on the road on their way to a near by restaurant where they would be meeting with the rest of the gang, Miku driving.

"What do you wanna eat today huh? I'm kinda hungry for a.... hmm.... I don't even know. I guess I will when I get there. You?" Miku asks, trying to start conversation with the blonde. Rin doesn't respond. Only sighing as she pressed her forehead to the window.

"Rin?" Miku calls out again, finally catching her friend's attention. She turns to look at the tealette with wide eyes. Seemingly still in a daze.

"You ok? You've been... off... lately" the tealette starts cautiously, "is everything alright?".

Rin ponders on whether to tell Miku what was going on with her. She wasn't sure if it was important enough to talk about, but since Miku was asking, she could just tell her right?

"Well... its... I don't even think its important enough to talk about...."

"Oh come on Rin, if its bothering you this much it has to be important"

The blonde purses her lips, "ok... OK fine... its... well... silly but..." she trails of playing with her fingers.

"I've just been missing my brother more than normal these days. I dunno... I'm just... so tired of waiting for him to come back" Miku freezes.

"There are times where I get nightmares that he's already dead... and recently I've been getting those nightmares a lot to the point that I'm actually starting to believe that he is dead" Miku cuts her off.

"Don't say that Rin.... Don't make such terrible assumptions. Len is alive"

"How do you know?? He could already just be a decaying mass of matter right now somewhere in the forest. I'm so tired Miku.... I'm tired" Rin whispers the last part, trying to stop the tears from falling as she desperately wiped her face.

Miku bites her lower lip in guilt. Not able to bare the sight of her best friend trying not to cry because of somethings she knew. Should she tell her? Len asked her not to.

But then again Rin had a right to know about his return. And that he was alive. Besides the fact that she was slowly breaking down inside, he was also literally her other half... so she definitely had a right to know.

I'm sorry Len...

"Rin... there's something i have to tell you.."

-Time skip-

Rin stares at her friend with narrowed eyes... Arms folded. The tealette how ever, had her eyes casted down in shame as she waited for the blonde to speak.

Earlier after Miku's confession, Rin had been quite at first but then asked her to turn the car around back to Miku's house. She had also been quite the entire ride, their walk up stairs to Miku's room too and the older girl couldn't help the nervousness bubbling within her stomach.

Was she mad at her? Oh She definitely was.... that silence said it all.

Did she want to stop being friends with her? Miku hoped not.

"So.... let me get this straight..." Rin finally speaks after a while of silence, making the older girl flinch, "for almost a week now... you mean to say... you met my brother. You guys bonded.... he asked you to meet him at the same place tomorrow... and you decided not to tell me because he asked you not to?"